Verizon Moto X on ATT

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck getting a Verizon Moto X to work on LTE with ATT? I changed the APN settings to get MMS working but no LTE any ideas? Thanks

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
All Verizon phones will only get 4g(HSPA+) on AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App
My understanding :
HSPA+ is slower than LTE but in reality neither is 4G which is faster.
While HSPA+ is slower than LTE it is close enough to render it ~almost equal.
This is my belief from reading the specs...unless I messed up.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
All Verizon phones will only get 4g(HSPA+) on AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App

This is assuming the Verizon phone is even equipped with HSPA+, which is a GSM technology. Verizon uses CDMA, so their phones support 1XRTT, CDMA, and other CDMA technologies.

SOME of their phones are built with a multi-radio chipset that includes support for GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSPA/HSPA+, but by no means all of them, and I'd venture to say they are actually the minority.

LTE is LTE. However, different carriers use different frequencies and their phones are often built to only support the frequencies they own. So while a Verizon LTE phone *may* happen to support frequencies that Verizon doesn't use for LTE, it's not necessarily the case.

The utopia of taking your phone from carrier to carrier in the US is still years away, unfortunately, and Verizon is particularly effective at preventing it, whether it be bringing non-Verizon phones to their network, or porting Verizon phones off their network.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK,
Verizon MUST equip their smartphones with unlocked GSM as part of an agreement with the FCC when they got an LTE license.