Sprint Moto X: 4.4.4 KitKat Update (212.44.28.en.US/KXA21.12-L1.28)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Motorola Moto X Android 4.4.4 update begins its rollout | Android Central

• Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat® - Android 4.4.4, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. This release includes several stability, framework and security fixes in addition to accuracy improvements to the power profile.
  • Camera - Improved image quality - Improved camera image quality including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
  • Camera - Pause video recording - Added the ability to pause video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
  • Updated Phone dialer - Updated Phone dialer with a new graphical layout and colors to improve consistency and usability.
  • Motorola Alert application - New Motorola Alert application sends periodic alerts with your location to your selected contacts. Now available for download from the Google Play Store.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Omg, thank goodness, I now have a one button 'all contacts' button at the top of the quick contacts page , (before it was a menu button, long scroll, then another button) and now my back button works from the dialer to get me to that page or maybe it was vice versa, either way... Phew. I can stop using other dialers none of which I liked to much)

Posted via Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Any other user reports? I plan to accept the update tonight, unless someone has a lot of trouble with it or something. But it sounds like a nice incremental upgrade.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I've had - and it's minor - is a small gap in Bluetooth audio when the screen times out and turns off.

android_app

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Photo quality greatly improved when taking pictures in low light conditions using flash.

Editing pictures in Gallery crashes when trying to save image.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Updated this evening, and haven't done much with it yet, but it seems to be a little smoother and the data/phone connections might be a little better.

The new phone and contact apps are hideous (the giant colored square with a letter that it shows when you don't have a photo are really annoying) but the functionality is a little improved. By default, the dialer now shows the last dozen or so numbers I've called, instead of a tiny number of favorites and the most recent number. Does anyone know if the colors of those squares means anything?

android_app

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
The new phone and contact apps are hideous (the giant colored square with a letter that it shows when you don't have a photo are really annoying) but the functionality is a little improved.

I agree. Wish we had the option to turn of the feature (Sender Image) like in Gmail.

android_app

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
The new update also tells you when you are connected to an HD Voice Call with another Sprint subscriber.
Tried calling my land line and the icon does not appear.

Screenshot_2014-08-27-19-29-49.pngScreenshot_2014-08-27-19-49-38.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair