Broke the screen of my phone but the phone still turns on (i just can't see anything of course). I'll be getting my new phone next week from moto, will i be able to somehow get whatever currents texts are on my current phone onto the new one?
    09-04-2014 06:46 AM
    The only way I know to transfer them is through Motorola Migrate, but you still need your screen to work on the old phone. The only way I can think to make it work (probably too big of a pain) is to video out your phone to a monitor, then connect a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to control it. Again.. probably too big a pain. Hopefully someone has a more elegant solution
    09-04-2014 04:28 PM
    Try connecting to a monitor or hd tv using an hdmi connector. Then if you can, put some kind of screen protector on the glass (assuming the digitizer still registers your touch, and to prevent cuts from the broken glass), then try to install sms backup or motorola migrate so you can transfer almost everything over. Not too elegant but it will get the job done.
    09-04-2014 06:56 PM
    The only way I know to transfer them is through Motorola Migrate, but you still need your screen to work on the old phone. The only way I can think to make it work (probably too big of a pain) is to video out your phone to a monitor, then connect a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to control it. Again.. probably too big a pain. Hopefully someone has a more elegant solution
    Try connecting to a monitor or hd tv using an hdmi connector. Then if you can, put some kind of screen protector on the glass (assuming the digitizer still registers your touch, and to prevent cuts from the broken glass), then try to install sms backup or motorola migrate so you can transfer almost everything over. Not too elegant but it will get the job done.
    thanks guys.

What's the easiest way to video out the screen to a monitor?

I have an HDMI to Micro USB
    My touch screen works i just can't see it
    and i don't necessarily need to migrate, just look at the texts
    09-06-2014 09:46 AM
    Let's see, if the HDMI adapter is what I think you have, you need an HDMI cable. Plug one end of the cable to the HDMI in port on the monitor. Plug the other in the HDMI out port in the adapter. Plug the microusb end into the phone. I believe there is another micro USB port in the side that you plug your phone charger into to power the whole thing. It should display on the monitor when the phone is turned on, hopefully. If you can use a Bluetooth mouse and pair that to the phone, even better. Then head to the play store and download SMS backup and backup your texts. Then if you can, run es explorer on the phone and put it in lan server mode so you can copy the internal sdcard to the PC. It'll take a while but it should work.
    09-06-2014 10:19 PM
    Here's an another thing you can try. It involves using one mouse and monitor between phone and PC. I haven't tried it but the demo video shows how it works. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/control...ouse-keyboard/
    09-07-2014 03:19 PM