Touchless Control Cannot Call the Irish

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a few months ago that every time I tried to call my wife while driving, using touchless control, I would get an error "touchless control has stopped" and the call was not initiated. This did not happen when I tried to call anyone else. I could call her manually, just not by voice. When I first got the Moto X, I was able to call by voice, so an update must have broken the software. Finally today, on a hunch, I removed the apostrophe from her last name (it begins O') and I can now call her using touchless control. Finding out what to pick up for dinner on the way home from work is now easier ;-) I tried reversing (added the " ' " back in) and it again failed. Removed it again and it works. I wonder if anyone else who calls Irish people while driving has run into the same issue? I will note that she was set up as google contact and is a "favorite" (well, of course!)

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Do what I do, change your wife's contact in your phone to "Wife"
I can guarantee you, that will work. Do this with home, office, work, father, mother, brother, sister etc etc etc.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have done similar with many of the repeat phone#s I dial often like the local pizza place, near by Walgreen, local Best Buy. Just so I don't have to use the search feature and waste data as often.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Thought to mention, Moto X works with contact nicknames. So you can leave your wife's name as the contact but then add a nickname in Nickname field like My Wife and it works with touch less perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar