How Many Of You Are Keeping Your Moto X?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought about upgrading, but declined, since:

A) I just got mine in July for a little over $300
B) IMO, the Moto X Developer Edition is the closest to a Nexus phone on Verizon
C) There won't be any new Developer Edition on VZW for the new Moto X based on published reports
D) That means that B) will probably be true or at least another year.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I plan on getting it since my upgrade is due, however I just paid off my og X and don't see the need to get it right away. I want to see how the leather holds up after a few months and maybe some other back options later.

Biggest draw is the camera. Looks like less lag. I'm content with the current one, but miss close focus distance from my S3. I don't mind any software processing issues since I usually tweak all my keepers in the editor anyway. So a little vibrance and contrast bump is no big deal.

Posted via Android Central App

Other than camera lags? How is the end result by the Moto X's camera?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Other than camera lags? How is the end result by the Moto X's camera?

You know, honestly I know people just dislike the original moto X's camera, I don't have a problem with it too much and I do enjoy taking pictures with my phone the photos aren't the most amazing greatest pictures in the world, but they still get the job done without a doubt.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You know, honestly I know people just dislike the original moto X's camera, I don't have a problem with it too much and I do enjoy taking pictures with my phone the photos aren't the most amazing greatest pictures in the world, but they still get the job done without a doubt.

Agree with you. But the only time I don't, is when my wife takes the same pic with her G3 and it looks a lot better, then I get a little upset.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Agree with you. But the only time I don't, is when my wife takes the same pic with her G3 and it looks a lot better, then I get a little upset.

Yes, I do coos you. For example, my mom has a galaxy note 2, and whenever she takes pictures with her phone, her pictures do look more vivid than mine do. Now, is that enough reasoning to me enough to buy the new Moto X? No. It just isn't... Now, whenever I'm eligible for a phone in the future, it'll be something for me to look into, but I never honestly complained about the picture quality of my moto x.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Haha I have a Nexus 5, it was also originally criticised for having a bad camera(and still is). I honestly love the camera, though the speed could be a little better. Reviewers really underestimate the camera of some Android devices. :/

Yes, I do coos you. For example, my mom has a galaxy note 2, and whenever she takes pictures with her phone, her pictures do look more vivid than mine do. Now, is that enough reasoning to me enough to buy the new Moto X? No. It just isn't... Now, whenever I'm eligible for a phone in the future, it'll be something for me to look into, but I never honestly complained about the picture quality of my moto x.

I think that the new Moto X's camera isn't a whole lot better with the results, but it is much faster according to the Verge's review.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha I have a Nexus 5, it was also originally criticised for having a bad camera(and still is). I honestly love the camera, though the speed could be a little better. Reviewers really underestimate the camera of some Android devices. :/

I think that the new Moto X's camera isn't a whole lot better with the results, but it is much faster according to the Verge's review.

You know, I've heard the same thing about the Nexus 5 camera. I don't really know anyone that has a nexus 5, but I've seen pictures posted online from a nexus 5 and those pictures weren't that bad either... Now, as far as professional looking photos, why the heck would you use a phone for professional looking photos? I mean there's a Samsung Galaxy phones in general have a better quality camera? Yes, I'm sure they do. But at the end of the day the Moto X Nexus 5 cameras aren't nearly as bad as a lot of people make them out to be. So you are right.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my GSM developer edition and I was happy to come from the GS4. I like the smaller form factor and this phone just screams.

I do wish the camera was a little better but I have been able to get some amazing shots with it so far.

I will not go back to a 5 inch screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm on VZW with an unlimited data plan, so I have to pay full price for my phones. That being said, my Moto X is still fantastic, love this phone, and it doesn't make sense to pay full price for another phone only a year later. May as well get as much use out of my current phone as I can, and wait for next years Moto X (Moto X2, Moto X 2015? Idk).

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm very conflicted. On one hand, I want to keep my current moto x since it's still the best phone I've ever owned, besides the battery life I'm getting (usually average 2-2.5 hrs screen on time after 8-9 hrs off the charger). On the other, I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure as to what I shouldupgrade too. I have 3 options, the new moto x, the new iphone (I'll explain), and the sony xperia x3c. The new motox would have been my next phone if it weren't for how big it was. I absolutely love everything about the new moto x, besides it's big *** screen (even then I still would have bought it if it had a larger battery to accompany said screen, 2600+ mAh or so). Still, I'm considering it. The iphone is an option (the last option) because the new one has a nice size screen, apple makes great hardware (they all feel very premium) and I assume it'll go well with my ipad (i rarely use) and my macbook air (but I lose access to the hundreds of dollars I've spent on the google play store, and as a big google user, I'll miss some apps I use a lot). Lastly is the xperia z3c, which again has me settling. It isn't a huge upgrade from my current x (besides the battery life which I'm sure is much better), but I lose the stock android look, the timely updates (I don't trust sony), and the nice design (the z3c looks great, just not as good as either x, and it has a glass back which I don't trust after shattering the back on my n4). Overall I'm just very conflicted, I think what I'll do is try out the new x, see if I can manage with the larger screen (I really like that leather), and if I'm not totally happy, return it and keep my x. Still, this would have been a million times simpler had moto did like apple and sony and just made 2 phones, one with a smaller 4.7 inch 720p display, and one with a larger 5.5 inch 1080p display. Same phone (give or take a few mAh), same leather back, same metal frame, same good looks and software(and maybe a little cheaper).

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Since the first MotoX will get new software features of the new Moto I see no reason to upgrade. Too bad they couldn't keep a mini motox in the lineup.

Posted with my MotoX, no case needed.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm very conflicted. On one hand, I want to keep my current moto x since it's still the best phone I've ever owned, besides the battery life I'm getting (usually average 2-2.5 hrs screen on time after 8-9 hrs off the charger). On the other, I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure as to what I shouldupgrade too. I have 3 options, the new moto x, the new iphone (I'll explain), and the sony xperia x3c. The new motox would have been my next phone if it weren't for how big it was. I absolutely love everything about the new moto x, besides it's big *** screen (even then I still would have bought it if it had a larger battery to accompany said screen, 2600+ mAh or so). Still, I'm considering it. The iphone is an option (the last option) because the new one has a nice size screen, apple makes great hardware (they all feel very premium) and I assume it'll go well with my ipad (i rarely use) and my macbook air (but I lose access to the hundreds of dollars I've spent on the google play store, and as a big google user, I'll miss some apps I use a lot). Lastly is the xperia z3c, which again has me settling. It isn't a huge upgrade from my current x (besides the battery life which I'm sure is much better), but I lose the stock android look, the timely updates (I don't trust sony), and the nice design (the z3c looks great, just not as good as either x, and it has a glass back which I don't trust after shattering the back on my n4). Overall I'm just very conflicted, I think what I'll do is try out the new x, see if I can manage with the larger screen (I really like that leather), and if I'm not totally happy, return it and keep my x. Still, this would have been a million times simpler had moto did like apple and sony and just made 2 phones, one with a smaller 4.7 inch 720p display, and one with a larger 5.5 inch 1080p display. Same phone (give or take a few mAh), same leather back, same metal frame, same good looks and software(and maybe a little cheaper).

I can completely understand your dilemma, and I'll be honest the best choice for you might be iPhone 6 in this predicament.

But if you can manage with the bigger size of the new Moto X, I would definitely going for it instead. But it depends on your preferences, camera, customisation, functionality, etc.

I really wish Motorola had kept the 4.7 inch screen size, even if they wanted to upgrade it they should've made it 1080p but not much bigger. :/

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Keeping it.
I've never upgraded under two years, but mostly, this thing is so perfect for me that even a newer Moto X isn't tempting. Especially since the newer one abandons the form factor which is a big part of why I love my Moto X.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Moto offer both sizes next round or even possibly later this round.
If I could get the new specs (minus the screen size) in the same package as the old X, I would upgrade in a second..

jmcp4372

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Good Question! I'll be keeping mine. I was reluctant to go Moto again after they promised upgrades to the Photon, and then failed to deliver. I won't be going near the New X, I've already dragged around a ginormous phone, the LG Optimus S, a great phone, but the size gets tedious.

I was due an upgrade, and Best Buy had me out the door with a brand new orig MotoX for $20. The size is perfect, battery life better than the old LG, and it's already gone to 4.4.4

You'd have to say I upgraded to the original...

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Good Question! I'll be keeping mine. I was reluctant to go Moto again after they promised upgrades to the Photon, and then failed to deliver. I won't be going near the New X, I've already dragged around a ginormous phone, the LG Optimus S, a great phone, but the size gets tedious.

I was due an upgrade, and Best Buy had me out the door with a brand new orig MotoX for $20. The size is perfect, battery life better than the old LG, and it's already gone to 4.4.4

You'd have to say I upgraded to the original...

It's also going to get Android L, stay tuned for that as it will be an amazing update. :D

Ashley_Renee79

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I miss having a bigger screen and I really want a white phone. My Moto X is black. I am looking at getting a S5 or maybe Note 3 or 4 in the next few months. As soon as I can convince my husband. The Moto X is a great phone. No bugs, no lag, etc. I am not sure if I will keep it and let my son use it to replace his iPod or as a back up or sell it cheap. I have listed it on Craigslist without much interest.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. I've never been happier with a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

True that. As much as I keep on looking at that new Moto X with the new model maker and whatnot, I keep on asking myself what am I not happy with my current phone about? There's nothing that I'm unhappy with. I just can't wait for the new OS Android l to come out that's all

James Goens

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I'll also be keeping my original X. Will be a year old in November. Has not disappointed me in that time and does everything I need it to. So, I have no reason to upgrade even with an upgrade available on a spare line. Can't wait for L to be released.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital