How Many Of You Are Keeping Your Moto X?

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I saw the Moto X 2014, the second generation phone is nice but I feel as if it has killed what made the Moto X popular, it's pretty much like every other flagship out there.

In my opinion the original Moto X showcased how Android no longer needed beastly specifications to run smoothly, it had a "sweet spot" between small 4 inch screens and large 5(to 5.5) inch screens, and add to that all of Motorola's clever additions. The only problem I saw people complaining about was the camera.

The Motorola X 2nd Generation is a fine device, but I don't think that people would recommend it the same way reviewers recommended the Moto X to iPhone users wanting to switch.

How many of you are upgrading and how many of you will stay with the Moto X?

Sent from my SVF15218SGB using Tapatalk

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I will keep mine, but I will also get the new one and if I don't like the size of it, my wife can have it!

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

titetanium

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I like mine well enough. If it isn't broken, why fix or replace it? I haven't even tried to root the phone cuz it's that good right out of the box.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I like mine well enough. If it isn't broken, why fix or replace it? I haven't even tried to root the phone cuz it's that good right out of the box.

That's a very true. I love my moto x. I just can't wait for Android else 5.0 to come out . I love the software acceleration anyway... I thought the new Moto X would have had more internal memory size for a better battery, but it doesn't. Now, if I was eligible or when I'm eligible in the future I might consider it but I still love my current phone

Posted via Android Central App

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
At this point I'm planning on keeping mine. With the original Moto X, Motorola made a point of how much research they did to identify the ideal form factor - as big as possible while still allowing comfortable one-handed use. With the new model, they've abandoned that for something larger. I understand that it's possible to have a larger screen without having a larger device, but a 5.2" screen without s bezel is larger that the original Moto X.

When the new model is available in stores I'll absolutely take a look at it out of curiosity, but I'm perfectly happy with the Moto X I have.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Definitely keeping it. If the 2nd gen had been bigger but still smaller than the S4 i would have considered switching but there's no way i can own that 2nd gen. It would mean having to bring a bag just for my phone when i leave the house on short trips. That is crazy. (i'm female and we wear smaller silhouette clothing). Fortunately the only thing i really lose is a faster processor and better camera, both of which i'd like but not worth having that ridiculously big "phone".

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Planning to keep mine for now. With Android L and New Moto X software tweaks reportedly trickling down to the OG, I think the original Moto X is still a keeper and I prefer the smaller form factor.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Did I mention that I really loved the design of the original Moto X? And I find the new one quite ugly(my opinion).

Plus if I am not wrong they've completely removed any special X8 chip for voice detection, they are just using the low power DSP of the Snapdragon 800 series, and I tell you that the Snapfragon 800 series voice detection is not as good as their own voice detection chip(IMO).

Haha I myself have a Nexus 5, but the Moto X has always been a favorite device for me. I really loved the ideology and innovation.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I recently moved back to my OG Moto X from the OPO I bought almost 2 months ago. I missed the feel of the X and the software features. With the newer software being ported back to our phones and the promise of Android L in the next few months I am excited to see what my X can be like. I know the newer gestures won't work as we just don't have the IR sensors found in the newer Xs but most of the rest of the features should work just fine.

All that said, as soon as I can scoop a new 32GB customized X for $450 I'm in.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did I mention that I really loved the design of the original Moto X? And I find the new one quite ugly(my opinion).

Plus if I am not wrong they've completely removed any special X8 chip for voice detection, they are just using the low power DSP of the Snapdragon 800 series, and I tell you that the Snapfragon 800 series voice detection is not as good as their own voice detection chip(IMO).

Haha I myself have a Nexus 5, but the Moto X has always been a favorite device for me. I really loved the ideology and innovation.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with you... I do have some love the design of of the original Moto X, have no issues with the screen size is very pocketable and palmable if you know what I mean... Then just for the record, I think that with Android L on the phone it'll be even better not to say that Kit Kat sucks but you know what I mean. Google now always on for me works very well most of the time.. Even though I do find myself retraining the voice every now and then which is perfectly normal.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning on keeping my Moto X for now because I bought it in March, and because with the Android L update all the new software features are coming. In March of 2015 I plan on upgrading to the new Moto X.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping it for now even though I'm due for an upgrade. She performs just as well today as the day I got her. Now, if my old Droid 4 hangs in there for my son, I will keep it.

Posted via the Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I would of made the jump if the new Moto X had a 400 series Adreno but since it is without it I don't see any reason to. Plus I still have 2 new in box Moto X's to go through. There is also nothing pushing me to get a new device. Not one single aspect of my use of a phone wants anything better.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the original for $300 with a free skip, 3 skip dots, and free shipping last month. My biggest concern was battery life. I wanted all day battery with everything switched on (I don't get the idea of turning off the best features of a phone to save battery). So far I am getting what I wanted and so quite happy especially considering the price I paid.

The new version does look appealing, but other than looks and screen size, I don't really see a difference? The features are the same. They did not improve the core features (OK so now I can customize the Assist launch phrase with limitations.... big deal). They should have improved the software....one example Touch less control for Texting. If you receive a message, you can respond back via voice...and before send the phone speaks back the message to make sure it is right. But if you start a new Text it won't speak it back....it just asks if its correct and you gotta be near the phone to read it and confirm its right......this is poor design. The best part about touch less is being away from the phone to text.....that is the core benefit!

Also, the original was buttery smooth so how much better can performance really be.

So for $200 bucks higher cost I feel its not worth an upgrade.

I guess, what I am saying is....while the phone looks nice, I don't think its worth an upgrade.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still undecided, but I'm leaning towards getting the new one after its been out for a couple of months and I'm able to see if the durability and battery life along with improved camera seems worth it to me. I really like the size of the current moto X that I have and I love the ebony wood back. But I'm a sucker for leather! I love the way it ages and gets that well used look and feel. Just like the leather jackets and leather furniture that I have. Plus, if the new infrared features are as awesome as I think they are going to be, that's just a bonus!

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
For now I'm sticking with the "OG" but I will definitely be checking out the new one once it's in stores, hard to have an opinion on it without having it in my hands and taking for a test spin........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1