How Many Of You Are Keeping Your Moto X?

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Interesting to see how many of you are keeping the Moto X, I would've probably done the same if I had owned a Moto X.

I don't think that the new Moto X is going to sell any better than the previous one.

The Moto X concept had potential. Sad.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting to see how many of you are keeping the Moto X, I would've probably done the same if I had owned a Moto X.

I don't think that the new Moto X is going to sell any better than the previous one.

The Moto X concept had potential. Sad.

Yes like I said, I was looking for more internal memory options since there's no SD card slot at all. I was also looking for a bigger battery like a 2900 mAh battery ... Sadly I was disappointed with that when motorola launched it of course. I mean if it doesn't have any better battery and the only difference is a $35 turbo boost quick rapid home charger for the new Moto X, and still not worth it to me because when my battery is really low at like 10 battery, it doesn't take too long for to fully charge maybe an hour and a half two hours max...

Posted via Android Central App

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Love my original X but it's gone when they release the new one. I just don't get how it's not better in almost every way from screen resolution to the always listening customization to the very premium materials. It has everything the old X had and more. Yes it's bigger which, if you don't like a bigger phone, that's that. I don't mind it at all. It's still small for a 5.2 and will feel like it's all screen. On paper the battery doesn't ring of dominant but let's cool our jets and wait to see what real world results are. I'm betting Moto actually did think about this.. I know crazy.. Lol. I just don't get other than size and maybe battery, how the now X is not superior. Oh and I also don't get people saying they are trying to be like all the other manufacturers. It's stock Android, not plastic, isn't packed to the gills with useless software crap and has very unique and premium materials. Honestly I see these threads in every forum of a previous model with people putting down the new phones. My opinion is that most of them can't hack it financially and want to make themselves feel better. Not everyone but many.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get how it's not better in almost every way from screen resolution to the always listening customization to the very premium materials.

I acknowledge that overall it's a probably a better phone. I certainly have the means to get it. However, I don't need it. I'm not unsatisfied with my current Moto X. If I were to get the new one, I'd mainly be buying it because it's new. I just don't have a good enough reason to buy it right now, especially at $500.

titetanium

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I acknowledge that overall it's a probably a better phone. I certainly have the means to get it. However, I don't need it. I'm not unsatisfied with my current Moto X. If I were to get the new one, I'd mainly be buying it because it's new. I just don't have a good enough reason to buy it right now, especially at $500.

My sentiments exactly.

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I went back to my moto x after trying all the new phones. Until the LG G3. I thought it'd be too big because I lived the form factor of the X. I went on vacation with my brother who had the G3 so I got to play with it all week.

I went and got one the next day. I'm not saying its better in all aspects, but for what I use its a fit for me.

The size isn't that bad. It actually feels mor pocketable because its so thin. The screen is amazing. The camera isn't even in the same league.

However I do miss the active notifications and a few other things.

I was going to wait but all the new phones are pretty much the same size so I decided to get the best screen and camera that's out since I use the camera quite a bit. Plus the micro SD is a huge plus. The new one not having was kinda a bummer for me.

Plus my wife has the moto x so I can always get it back haha

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I also agree with your point. I was contemplating buying the new Moto X full retail out even though I'm eligible in January from your phone. In fact, if I were going to get a new phone, it would probably be the new moto x. Now as far as real world battery life, if it's anything like the car moto X its decent at about 10 to 11 hours depending on your usage of course. The second I start to stream heavily off youtube or anything similar to that I kill it...

russelb

Sep 30, 2010
www.russlawaz.com
Keeping my OG Moto X. It is just as fast as the day I got it. I keep it in an Otterbox Commuter so it is in perfect shape. I have no reason to upgrade this go around. Maybe when the Moto X 2015 comes out...

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Whereas I bought the X for the form factor. The other phone I was seriously considering was the Samsung mini. So this one doesn't interest me.

I'm still very happy with the Moto X, and looking forward to updated software, but I confess the Sony Xperia compact has caught my eye. I'll probably stick with this one, but I'll at least check out the Sony if it ever makes it to US shops.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
As long as my current Moto X works I see no reason to move. I do not like the increase in size and I think that and the increase in resolution were strictly marketing ploys for the spec-head reviewers. If/when I get to the point of needing a new phone I'll try to replace it with the 2013 Moto X. If that's not available, though, I will consider any phone that has a similar feature set (therefore, probably Motorola). Phones larger than my Moto X (which, incredibly, now includes the Moto G!) will rate lower than similarly sized phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I rarely upgrade my phones on a yearly cycle. The first gen Moto X is still going strong.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I rarely upgrade my phones on a yearly cycle. The first gen Moto X is still going strong.

You know, I'd have to agree with you completely... My 32 gig custom Moto X is going strong everyday of my life and I absolutely love it! I have said nothing wrong with that at all screen size is perfect processor is perfect everything is awesome about it...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You know, I'd have to agree with you completely... My 32 gig custom Moto X is going strong everyday of my life and I absolutely love it! I have said nothing wrong with that at all screen size is perfect processor is perfect everything is awesome about it...

If Motorola implemented F2FS for the file system in the new Moto X and new Moto G like they did with the first generation phones, the new Moto X may outlast the 2014 flagships.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If Motorola implemented F2FS for the file system in the new Moto X and new Moto G like they did with the first generation phones, the new Moto X may outlast the 2014 flagships.

That is true that is true. The Moto X is niche phone that's why it doesn't sell a lot...

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm sticking my moto x 1st gen, but if a fire sale happens I may jump to buy. The product itself looks way more premium to me, and I wouldn't mind a slightly bigger phone. Plus, the IR sensor will be useful when I'm studying or sleeping.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I love my X. Its had a few bugs to work around but I see no reason to change.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I plan on getting it since my upgrade is due, however I just paid off my og X and don't see the need to get it right away. I want to see how the leather holds up after a few months and maybe some other back options later.

Biggest draw is the camera. Looks like less lag. I'm content with the current one, but miss close focus distance from my S3. I don't mind any software processing issues since I usually tweak all my keepers in the editor anyway. So a little vibrance and contrast bump is no big deal.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01