Portable keychain battery charger

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

As most of us know moto X battery is so so I don't usually get us through 11 hours of battery power depending on usage of course. Now, I stream a lot of media content on my phone and go to youtube and movies and tons of video. So, as you can imagine, even at work I smoke the battery power. I am now considering and looking into the option of a portable keychain power pack for the battery . I know most he makes one but does anyone else have any recommendations for a decently cheap yet high mah powered battery keychain for me? thank you for any suggestions.

You know on a side note, I do have Verizon Wireless, and for anyone who was wondering why don't just get the Droid Maxx, it's because the new Droid Maxx as I'm sure we all know has the hardware buttons on the bottom and I'll just love software buttons and the clean Android interface that we all love you Plus software buttons on the bottom of our phones which make it true Android of course. :)

Posted via Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Hey thanks for the help, and the links. Now, as far as options for me go, I was looking at the Motorola option but it doesn't seem like much mah power I mean they say 1400 mAh which they say will give you a few extra hours of talk time, and supposedly push to 8 hours of additional battery juice. I'm just not sure how much I trust that. I'm continuously looking at Mophie options as well.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for the help, and the links. Now, as far as options for me go, I was looking at the Motorola option but it doesn't seem like much mah power I mean they say 1400 mAh which they say will give you a few extra hours of talk time, and supposedly push to 8 hours of additional battery juice. I'm just not sure how much I trust that. I'm continuously looking at Mophie options as well.

No sweat.
The moto was announced recently. I linked that as I saw it this morning. There probably are more cost effective ways to get what you would like.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No sweat.
The moto was announced recently. I linked that as I saw it this morning. There probably are more cost effective ways to get what you would like.

Haha yeah, that's what I was thinking well. I'm trying to figure out what that solution is going to be. I mean for example, the Mophie power pack is only 1000 mAh.... I mean I'm not saying I'm going to be solely relying on this portable power pack as an everyday charging solution of course. I'm talking about at work and when I need an emergency charge like when I go into the city with my dad for the auto show every year I'm conservative on my phone for battery power and I don't want to be as conservative anymore if you know what I mean. I want to use my phone as I normally would without having to worry about that if you know what I mean.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't personally see adding something that large to my keychain. You might look at TravelCard (The TravelCard is a credit-card sized travel battery for iPhone and Android users.). It bills itself as fitting into your wallet but, again, technically true but too large for mine. It's 1300 mAh and slim enough for a shirt pocket. At $39 it's pricy but, like Moto's battery, you're paying extra for convenience. Still, it's a quality piece and you can choose either Micro-USB or Apple Lightning (but not both).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I just ordered a Mophie portable battery charger they have two models a 1000 mah model and a 1350 mAh model. . . Isn't too expensive either, was about 50 bucks or so. It should give me 10 hours of juice or so which should fully charge me back up or at least give me from a dead battery a good 50 to 60 battery. And if I'm not happy with it they have a 30 day return period on it so I'll have to give it a shot and see how much I like it. But thank you for the suggestions nonetheless.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah, that's what I was thinking well. I'm trying to figure out what that solution is going to be. I mean for example, the Mophie power pack is only 1000 mAh.... I mean I'm not saying I'm going to be solely relying on this portable power pack as an everyday charging solution of course. I'm talking about at work and when I need an emergency charge like when I go into the city with my dad for the auto show every year I'm conservative on my phone for battery power and I don't want to be as conservative anymore if you know what I mean. I want to use my phone as I normally would without having to worry about that if you know what I mean.

I was just in Target and saw some external chargers for about $20/$30 and looked to be about the same size, physically, but were I think 3k.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just in Target and saw some external chargers for about $20/$30 and looked to be about the same size, physically, but were I think 3k.

Target huh maybe I should look in target as well. I mean if I can get a good deal on one I'll return the other one if you know what I mean. You said it was 3000 mAh?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Target huh maybe I should look in target as well. I mean if I can get a good deal on one I'll return the other one if you know what I mean. You said it was 3000 mAh?

Can't find exactly what I saw on Target's site. I did see it on Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mycharge-ampplus-portable-power-bank-gray/6732036.p;jsessionid=983450D5523D768A65DE448BA418B21C.bbolsp-app03-170?id=1219238020576&skuId=6732036&st=categoryid$pcmcat326000050010&cp=1&lp=11
That has 3k.

Edit: For some reason I can't get the link up properly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can't find exactly what I saw on Target's site. I did see it on Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mycharge-ampplus-portable-power-bank-gray/6732036.p;jsessionid=983450D5523D768A65DE448BA418B21C.bbolsp-app03-170?id=1219238020576&skuId=6732036&st=categoryid$pcmcat326000050010&cp=1&lp=11
That has 3k.

Edit: For some reason I can't get the link up properly.

Its no worries I can just go into a store and look at it myself if they do have one indeed. Thank you for the support and help them again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its no worries I can just go into a store and look at it myself if they do have one indeed. Thank you for the support and help them again.

No sweat. Let us know what you get, and how you like it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No sweat. Let us know what you get, and how you like it.

I will let you know how it is. Like I said, most of the time my phone will go about 9 10 hours on a single charge which is usually good enough for me. It was a nice talk show me a lot of media YouTube and stuff like that and drains out faster of course and I need a backup on the go.