I've read a couple of articles yesterday about the new Apple Watch in which the sentiment of disappointment was centered on the fact that Apple didn't change the wearable paradigm by producing a stand alone smart watch that operated completely independent of your phone. Now, most knowledgeable technologists like yourselves will realize that the tech for that simply doesn't really exist right now, at least not in a way that can be packaged fashionable on your wrist. However, I think the functionality these bloggers are pining for does exist, in Moto's new lineup.

What it seems to me they are really after is an experience in which you can do almost all your smartphone activities, including making calls and using a personal assistant (siri, cortana, Gnow) without ever removing your phone from your pocket. I think the combination of a Moto phone, the Moto 360, and the Moto Hint offers the closest thing to this currently. Obviously nobody has any real world experience using this combo yet, but I think it would be the perfect set up that would allow your phone to remain in your pocket the majority of the time. What do you guys think?
    09-11-2014 07:29 AM
    I've read a couple of articles yesterday about the new Apple Watch in which the sentiment of disappointment was centered on the fact that Apple didn't change the wearable paradigm by producing a stand alone smart watch that operated completely independent of your phone. Now, most knowledgeable technologists like yourselves will realize that the tech for that simply doesn't really exist right now, at least not in a way that can be packaged fashionable on your wrist. However, I think the functionality these bloggers are pining for does exist, in Moto's new lineup.

What it seems to me they are really after is an experience in which you can do almost all your smartphone activities, including making calls and using a personal assistant (siri, cortana, Gnow) without ever removing your phone from your pocket. I think the combination of a Moto phone, the Moto 360, and the Moto Hint offers the closest thing to this currently. Obviously nobody has any real world experience using this combo yet, but I think it would be the perfect set up that would allow your phone to remain in your pocket the majority of the time. What do you guys think?
    Actually there are several standalone Smart watches that can do just about everything a cell phone can without the cell phone for years already.

Here are just a few current units you can buy now.

QOne SmartWatch WristPhone, Home of the Stand Alone WristPhone SmartWatch with more features than Samsung Galaxy Gear, Pebble, Sony, Kreyos etc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-smartwa/posts

http://www.getneptune.com/#experiment

http://www.computerworld.com/article...martwatch.html
    09-12-2014 08:51 AM
    I've seen little talk about the Hint. I was all jazzed up for the 360, but I've soured a little bit on it. For my use, I think I'd benefit more from the Hint than a smart watch.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-13-2014 07:05 PM