My Moto X 2013 camera stopped focusing a few months ago. After troubleshooting, factory resetting and talking to customer support, I'm about ready to send it in for a repair under the warranty. This is my first time doing this for a phone, and I want to make sure everything goes smoothly. The warranty is void if my phone has "water damage" and I have concern about that.

Back in the dark ages of flip phones, a sticker behind the battery would change colors if your phone suffered water damage. In the 2000s, I understood that condensation from the air or even perspiration from your pants pocket on a hot day could trip this sticker and that factories could use that as an excuse to void a warranty.

Does this kind of thing still happen? If so, is there any way I can check my phone before sending it in? The last thing I want is to send it in expecting a repaired camera only to find out that it has "water damage."

Thanks,
    09-15-2014 03:56 PM
    Now a days condensation and things like that wouldn't trip that sensor. It only trips if the phone get submerged in water or if you had it opened and got water right onto that sensor.
    Well there is no 100% telling. But normally if you made sure it dried before sending/contacting them you should be fine, and just hope the best for it.
    roces9 likes this.
    09-16-2014 04:15 AM
    Now a days condensation and things like that wouldn't trip that sensor. It only trips if the phone get submerged in water or if you had it opened and got water right onto that sensor.
    09-19-2014 03:57 PM