After the Google Voice and Hangouts integration steps, can anyone make calls using your Google Voice number THROUGH the phone app? I can use G Voice to make calls through Hangouts Dialer, but not the phone app.

Basically, when I use voice commands to make calls, I want to use my Google Voice number. This does not work, however, because voice command uses the phone app which does not seem to work with Google Voice.
    09-18-2014 02:07 AM
    Well, I am have also updated my hangouts but I can't seemed to find that dialer to make calls I think no one has still able to figure out where the problem ! Let us hope another update will be on the way to fix this one out.
    You have to install the dialer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hangoutsdialer

I still have not been able to migrate. Have not received the popup.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-18-2014 06:44 AM
    http://androidcentral.com/dont-unins...e-app-just-yet

Basically you'll need to the Google Voice app installed to make phone calls using it with the regular dialer.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-18-2014 07:16 AM
    I have the Google Voice app and the Hangouts Dialer installed. If I set GV app to use GV to make all calls, and make a call using the phone app, the call just drops.
    09-18-2014 09:23 AM
    Looks like using the phone app to make GV calls works today. It may have just been a temporary GV outage yesterday.
    09-18-2014 07:39 PM
    I guess it would be better if Google has packed both the feature over the Hangout apk file only !
    I think Google Voice changes are being implemented as they become available. It's been a great option for me since I cut down to the T-Mo 100 min plan, & should get even better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App
    09-19-2014 10:41 AM
    Has Moto Assist been able to read texts sent to your Google Voice number and received through Hangouts? Not here. Would love this functionality from my Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2014 08:35 AM
    Has Moto Assist been able to read texts sent to your Google Voice number and received through Hangouts? Not here. Would love this functionality from my Moto X.
    Discussed this with 'shiny' in another thread. Yes, it does work. As a test again, I just sent a text from my wife's phone to my GVoice number and received the voice active notification on my Moto X and responded 'listen' and the text was read to me. It offered to reply and I did by voice and my wife received it.
    1. I did the Hangouts/Voice merge
    2. Set Hangouts as the default messaging app
    3. In Active Display settings, select apps I checked Hangouts, Voice, and Messaging (stock). I don't know if all are required, but that's what I did.
    4. In Google Voice settings from desktop web browser, checked the box to set my phone to receive text messages.
    5. Sent text from another device to my GVoice # and it just works.
    09-20-2014 12:08 PM
    I would love to hear from people as to whether or not they have had success with the above suggestions.
    09-20-2014 12:10 PM
    After the Google Voice and Hangouts integration steps, can anyone make calls using your Google Voice number THROUGH the phone app? I can use G Voice to make calls through Hangouts Dialer, but not the phone app.

Basically, when I use voice commands to make calls, I want to use my Google Voice number. This does not work, however, because voice command uses the phone app which does not seem to work with Google Voice.
    Well I will speak of my experience, I am still able to make all my international calls through my phone dialer and it calls through GV, I have Hangouts installed with the dialer. I am also able to make the same calls through the HO dialer if I choose too. Now my GV app was set to make only international calls, so I am assuming since it was set up like that for now it will still work like that, until Google makes GV app completely obsolete and force a remove.
    09-21-2014 08:08 AM