Amazon offering up to $232 trade in for the Moto X

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know recently, Motorola was offering a trade in program which they offered you $60 for the Verizon moto x. For those looking to trade in at a higher rate, amazon will give you up to $232. You can trade in other models but the Verizon moto in black gives you the most.

708670e78ed45bbee2b8ea2cc80e8a3e.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3905659

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Why in the heck would they offer up to almost $100 more for the VZW model than the AT&T model? Makes no sense to me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why in the heck would they offer up to almost $100 more for the VZW model than the AT&T model? Makes no sense to me.
Well the Verizon model is factory sim unlocked. Though I do agree that $100 more seems odd.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
There is a considerable difference between the VZW model and the GSM unlocked model too. Is there some soft of artificial demand for the black VZW model that I am unaware of?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well the Verizon model is factory sim unlocked. Though I do agree that $100 more seems odd.

The Verizon model also works on the Verizon network. And if you break your phone and are stuck in a Verizon contract, you pretty much have to buy a Verizon phone to replace it. If the phone ID is not in their database, you can't play, even if you want to be stuck with LTE-only which means no voice and no SMS (for the moment), and no coverage at all in some places.

As opposed to most other carriers where you can just buy a standards-compliant unlocked phone, jack in their SIM, and be on your merry way. So the competition for, say, a used AT&T Moto X is going to be a little less due to the supply of both new and used phones, and the prices will be correspondingly lower.

As to "black versus white", that doesn't make a lot of sense unless the demand for white is very low. Which I guess is possible.