How Long Do You Get Out Of Your Moto X?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine used, so I don't know what it was like when it was new. I have heard that this phone has great battery life, but I have been finding it to be lackluster. For example, I am at 32% right now (woke up at 6:30 and it's 5:30) and I have used 1 hour 30 mins on screen and mot of it on WiFi. No games being played, just Bleacher Report, fantasy football, hangouts, and chrome. The brightness is pretty low as well. It's really hard from my phone to make it to 11 without being charged.Just curious, is that the normal amount you are getting?

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You bought it used?

That's probably why the previous owner sold it.

I'm not a very heavy user so I get anywhere from 36 to 48 hours on a charge.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
About 2 to 2.5 hours of screen time, especially on the weekend. When I go to bed, it's usually at 60%. I charge my phone every night no matter the battery level.

I also agree with Papa, with it being used, you have no idea how the previous owner treated it.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Remember it has a lot to do with your signal strength / reception...
Mine can go 24hrs in tampa, but if i go to my parents house in the nc mountains... It isn't able to make it 8hrs with the screen of most of the time .. Seriously...

Posted via Android Central App

ProParkour

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
As they said it depends on signal strength and probably the fact that it is used. Currently my phone has 11hrs of being on, 5hrs of screen on time and it is at 28%. I have been playing a lot of Dead Trigger 2 though

Posted via the Android Central App

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So do you guys think I should get a new moto x or upgrade to the new one? I really just want battery life camera and the features the phone has. I love the size of the phone as well. The only problem I have ( and it's really starting to worry me) is that the OK Google now is starting to go off randomly in my classes. I turned off the noise but it still make a beep when it is about to close. If this goes off during class I'll get a Saturday detention for 2 hours which sucks. I'm even more terrified that the new one is simpler and more prone to go off. Any suggestions?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So do you guys think I should get a new moto x or upgrade to the new one? I really just want battery life camera and the features the phone has. I love the size of the phone as well. The only problem I have ( and it's really starting to worry me) is that the OK Google now is starting to go off randomly in my classes. I turned off the noise but it still make a beep when it is about to close. If this goes off during class I'll get a Saturday detention for 2 hours which sucks. I'm even more terrified that the new one is simpler and more prone to go off. Any suggestions?

If you are having problems with touchless controls, you need to retrain it for your voice. Make sure you are in a room that is complete silence and make sure you speak loudly. To this day my touchless controls have never gone off without my consent. As for the new one goes, its all up to you. Are you happy with your current X? I'm on the fence right now debating if I need to get the new one. I'm also waiting for Phil's review and VZW's launch date. Good luck!

ProParkour

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I would wait and see if you can determine what is killing your battery or if it just evens out. When you first get a phone it had to get used to your usage. Plus it is common to play with a new phone which kills battery, at least for me. Try retraining the Touchless controls, I've had to do that a couple of times.

Posted via the Android Central App

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
If you are having problems with touchless controls, you need to retrain it for your voice. Make sure you are in a room that is complete silence and make sure you speak loudly. To this day my touchless controls have never gone off without my consent. As for the new one goes, its all up to you. Are you happy with your current X? I'm on the fence right now debating if I need to get the new one. I'm also waiting for Phil's review and VZW's launch date. Good luck!

This. Mine never goes off unless I do it.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

If you want the new moto x and have the money for it then I would go for it. I'm planning on waiting until March or April to buy one, but I may get it sooner. We'll just have to wait and see how Android L performs on the original.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I don;t think this has been posted here at AC but try this, it seems to help the draw down when the phone is not being used much. Originally posted at XDA:

"When your battery is 100% switch off the phone. Remove the charger. Let it go to blank screen and then power it back on. Now when phone boots without charger connected to it, use it normall and you will see the wakelocks are no longer keeping phone on for 40-50% of the time. "