How can I sync my phone with my vehicle?

Stephrn

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Connecting to my vehicle

I just got a Moto X (2013) and I'm having trouble getting it to play music or Audible books through my GMC Terrain. I have a USB port that connect it with and in the past I have connected my iPhone through this port and played music and listen to books through Audible all through the cars speakers. My Moto X won't do this. I can connect it with Bluetooth to place and receive calls but not music and books. Does anyone know how to get it to connect with the USB to do music and books like the iPhone?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Connecting to my vehicle

That functionality is not built into android currently. However, it will be featured in the upcoming android L release

Sent from my XT1060

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Music will work through Bluetooth. Once connected to your car, go to your connection settings and make sure audio is selected. I have to do this with every rental car I get. For some reason it's turned off by default with calls only on.

As for the USB, just like the above post, no. Though the part about L offering it is news to me and has me excited.

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Stephrn,
Does your audio system have different input modes? My Acura ILX has a bluetooth audio mode that I use for Audible. If I switch to XM radio, I still get phone calls, but no other audio from the phone.

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

GM USB ports do not talk to Android. I have an old iPhone with music and podcasts installed that stays plugged into the USB port on my 2010 Chevy truck, but my Moto-X must be plugged into the AUX input jack. I have not been able to play Moto-X music through my Bluetooth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

You need to go into your Bluetooth settings and check the box that says “Media audio”. Sometimes when you connect to a device it only has the “Phone Audio” box checked.

Pull down you settings shade and go to the quick menu, far upper right of the screen. Then select Bluetooth. Then select the settings button next to the paired device that is your car. Check the box then you are done. You only need to do it once. After that it remembers for that device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad