So the radio died on beloved XT1058 and AT&T sent me a warranty replacement. Not a BNIB unit, but it looks new. Anyways I get it set up and then the OTA for 4.4.4 is received. I install it. Once that is done, I set up the Moto Device ID thing and get an Error: There is a problem with the clock on your device. Contact customer service. No codes or anything just that message.

I play with it a bit, and I can't fix it.

I search the internet, can't find a fix for it.

I do a factory restore and try to set up Moto Device ID, same error again.

Now I call AT&T, their tech support can't fix it and they transfer me to Motorola tech support. They can't fix it either and said that this is a new known issue that is being investigated. Could be server side, could be software on the device, or it could be a device hardware issue. They are going to call me when a fix is found or they decide that it can't be fixed and they will replace my device. Again.

Has anyone else seen or heard about this issue? This is a new one to me as well as to AT&T...
    09-25-2014 09:10 AM
    I cross posted this on the Moto forums and this is a new issue affecting other users including a VZW model.

Also, this problem prevents using Moto Assist. That really bums me out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2014 10:31 AM
    a refurb unit?
    Might not have been fixed.
    That would be a possible explanation.
    *knock*knock* never had that problem.
    Good Luck.
    09-25-2014 11:18 AM
    Same issue on mine since the new moto software updates. Bought directly from Moto in February.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2014 01:06 PM
    a refurb unit?
    Might not have been fixed.
    That would be a possible explanation.
    *knock*knock* never had that problem.
    Good Luck.
    I'm sure the device is fine. Check out this thread from the Moto forums: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77e23fa868
    09-25-2014 02:28 PM
    Great.
    What is your time zone?
    09-25-2014 03:23 PM
    I have the same problem. Sent my original phone in a week ago, built in Apr.2014 and received on Monday built in Feb 2014. Had problems with Talkback and did a factory reset and now receive error about a clock problem. Just called and chatted with Motorola and they stated it was a known issue and they would contact me when it was fixed. The only problem is I didn't have the problem with the phone I sent them. Not sure if they (really) do a thorough check on the returns.
    09-25-2014 05:06 PM
    Great.
    What is your time zone?
    I'm in the Eastern Time Zone of the USA.

The problem has been resolved for me and another guy over on the Moto forums. Check your devices, you should all be good now if you were having the same issue I was. The problem was not with our devices, it was on their servers.
    natehoy likes this.
    09-25-2014 06:25 PM