Long story short, I was driving in my car earlier and received an important text message. I had to respond asap... In the past, Touchless controls would allow me to send message via voice command. But that wasn't the case today.

I don't know if it was from the recent 4.4.4 update, but it wouldn't recognize my command. It just says, "please unlock phone and try again."

I had also did a factory reset on my phone recently. So I am not sure if it had changed any of my settings. I also tried looking for a Motorola setting, but came up empty.

Any ideas what is up?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2014 07:12 PM
    Make sure you have the Talk to me enabled in the Assist app. Have you set your texting app as default and selected it in the Active Display selected apps? In Touchless controls, enable all the commands while locked. My driving and home assist work fine.
    09-26-2014 12:35 PM
    Leave out "send" and see if it works.
    09-26-2014 03:40 PM
    Leave out "send" and see if it works.
    Same error message.. Please unlock phone and try again.....

09-26-2014 04:12 PM
    Make sure you have the Talk to me enabled in the Assist app. Have you set your texting app as default and selected it in the Active Display selected apps? In Touchless controls, enable all the commands while locked. My driving and home assist work fine.
    Thanks. Tried all that you had mentioned... Doesn't seem to work either...

09-26-2014 04:13 PM
    There is a setting in Settings Touchless that says Commands that work while locked. Make sure all three options are checked.

If that does not work try clearing the partition cache....this seems to clear up things around voice response for me at times but I reallyvdont know why.
    10-03-2014 09:02 PM