Need to warranty my 2013 Moto X - Most PAINLESS route?

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My VZW 2013 Moto X's screen has been flickering as I turn it on or off, as well as when notifications show up on Active Display. Like the whole screen will flash white for a split second.

Anyways, I've done all the basic troubleshooting steps: Reboot, factory reset, etc. And I want to have it repaired/replaced (ideally) under WARRANTY (not insurance since this isn't the result of damage). I bought the phone from best buy, but they won't handle it unless its under their geek squad insurance, which only handles accidental damage.

The other two options I can think of is thru Verizon or Motorola directly. I was wondering which method would be the most painless. Obviously I don't want to be without a phone for any period of time. I know Moto is busy with their 2014 Moto X orders, so would VZW be my better option?

Has anyone had a (relatively) painless experience from either of these guys in terms of warranty issues?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Up until recently, when I needed service or replacement for any reason within a year, I always go through vzw. It was mainly painless.

Posted via the Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I did 3 warranty replacements of my Moto X directly with Motorola and within 4 days I had a new device in my hand before even having to send mine back.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ended up going to a VZW store...their warranty info was different (I was out of warranty under them), so I contacted Moto directly and they are sending me a replacement device now! According to Moto's records of my IMEI, I still had warranty left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech