Moto X Battery Issues

Deferno54

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is still looking on this forum (I really hope so) I need help. So I got this moto x exactly one month ago and it worked perfectly fine and I got it set to sprint and everything. Just two days ago I was going to a party, I let my son use my phone on the way there since my friend had a car charger that could charge my phone. So on the way back I see that it is a multi connection charge cable (meaning it has extra ports that can charge an iPhone , it has the lightning port, and the micro USB) the only problem was that the 5s charger or lightning port was broken(literally the port was like ripped off.. I should note that it would get hot when connected to the car and once it started smoking (mine and his iPhone 4 was plugged into it) So my friend cut the plastic and separated the wires because it would've heated up and hurt someone. So I had to use my moto x on the way there and my friends son was using his iPhone 4. There was no problem for his son but for me it died as I was using it. I was kind of frustrated because it was in charge and I let it sit there for a little bit before using it. But then I just thought it was because my friends phone was hooked up to the charger as well so it didn't give enough juice to my moto x that I could use it at a low Percentage battery level. Then I got home and connected it to the charger and had to call somebody. It started to glitch out where it said it was plugged in to the charger then out, so I stopped using it and let it charge overnight. It charged to 100% and worked fine I used it for the whole day (along with my son who played games on it) and then had to charge it. My son put it in charge and continued to use it but instead of the battery increasing it actually decreased! I have to leave it in charge for a whole day and can't use it while it is charging now. The thing us now when I have to use it I have to wait till the battery is in the 20's in percent because if it is any higher the battery will go down when in charge(even if I am not using it.) So 1. If you made it through all of that congratulations give yourself a pat on the back and 2. I need some tips on what to do. How much does a battery replacement cost? What number should I call for even more support? Is it worth getting a battery replacement? Note also that I used to keep this on y bed on charge overnight with the sleep cycle app open to help me Wake up for work. Thanks! And bye!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think a faulty charging cable can really damage the battery like that, because the phone should have software that prevents overcharging. It can't protect against power surges, but it's doubtful that there could be a harmful power surge from a car charger.

I wonder if your phone has stopped recognizing that it's connected to an AC power source, as opposed to USB. If it thinks everything is USB, it might not charge very quickly, and in fact it might run down while you're using it. When you plug the phone into the wall outlet, go to Settings>Battery. Does it say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB)?

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you only got the phone recently, you're still under warranty. Use the Moto Care /Help app and chat with customer service. You can probably get the phone replaced.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
If its only a month old, you can return it. Don't tell them anything except that the phone is not charging properly, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca