Has anyone had any issues or experiences (good or bad) with their Moto X with an aftermarket audio system for their car? My Jetta system died (past warranty) and will cost $500 for an exchanged unit (which will die again in a few years).

How is the app control (in particular Pandora or IHeart) from the unit to your phone? Has anyone used successfully a head unit with Mirracast and controled their Moto X on screen of the 2 bin stereo head? From what I was reading Pioneer has a specific app and there is also a rooted app that works like that.

Unfortunately, most of the people out there out there at these shops have no clue about Mirracast and are all talking about Apples. I have a Sprint Moto X (2013).
    10-10-2014 12:45 PM
    Good, there's some else interested in this!

I've been looking into this the past couple of days but have only seen one reference to the Moto X and ARU.

I ordered an AVIC-4000NEX and PTV3000 today.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-10-2014 08:08 PM
    Check out an app called aliberator. They also have a forum.
    10-10-2014 11:01 PM
    I thought aliberator you needed Root. I don't think I can do that with my XT1056 which is on 4.4.4. If rooting was easy, I would do it but I really love my XT1056. Eventually I may get the new Developer Edition when I switch to T-Mobile.

The head unit I like is the Pioneer AVH-3600 line, but you need to buy a separate adapter for Mirrorlink and it Appradio (the app provide for the mirror linking), does not support any Moto X. If you can get that PTV3000 to display on the TV, great. I may go that root but will only be for navigation if there is no two way communication between the head, PTV and the Moto X.

So for right now I am just looking to see who has had good luck controlling Pandora or iHeart Radio on their phone using the Bluetooth or USB connector. Also, it would be nice to know who has had the CID shown on the head of the incoming calls.
    10-11-2014 07:40 AM
    So far i can only use BT or the jack to pair my 1053 with my double din JVC Kwr 500 head unit. Sound using the jack is better than BT for some reason. But my 60g ipod has the best sound of them all. I read that android L will allow you to use a usb connection with your head unit ala iPhone. That would be nice b/c then i can use multiple sources.
    10-13-2014 05:18 PM