Lollipop

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
In a blog post, Moto confirms that the following devices are in line for an Android 5.0 update —
•Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen)
•Moto G (1st and 2nd Gen)
•Moto G with 4G LTE
•Moto E
•Droid Ultra
•Droid Maxx
•Droid Mini

All Good.
No timeframe, but a commitment.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
They confirmed that a while ago. I guess they just put up a blog post to be formal on the day Google announced the name and version number.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Extended battery life is one of the benefits.
When a software update enhances hardware I anticipate it more.
New features are hit or miss.
Battery maybe camera...all good.
We shall see.

ryano3317

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
When Lollipop is available for the AT&T Moto X, will I have a problem updating my phone when I am on Cricket Wireless???? If so how would I go about updating it?

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
No you won't have any issues the update goes to the phone carrier your phone is and you will get it no problem

Posted via the Android Central App

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not so sure about that. I bought one of the XT1053s off of Ebay last month and it upgraded (WiFI) without even a SIM in it.
Same here. I have an XT1053 I keep as a spare/iPod (was my wife's phone, gave her my OPO) and it was updated to 4.4.4 with no SIM card in it.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't just automatically get excited about OS updates, but I'm really looking forward to lollipop. There's some really nice features and enhancements coming.

Sent from my Moto X

For me there is a certain level of excitement for every os update. The lollipop update, however, has me completely stoked. The new Material Design UI just looks amazing, and the new features that are coming have me giddy as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae