gmail 5.0

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to download the apk file for the new gmail app 5.0 for android?I wasn't able to download it, And this is after disabling my current gmail app on my phone. L..

Posted via Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tried that link already ...just doesn't work for me...oh well ..guess I'll just have to wait for lollipop that's all.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to be rooted to install Gmail 5.0 using the Android Police (or any other non-Playstore) APK. You do, however, need to set your phone to allow installs from sources other than the Play Store.

I have my Nexus 7 2012 set to allow external installs, and Gmail 5.0 looks and works great on that.

I prefer to keep the external installs blocked on my Moto X as I also use Touchdown for my corporate email on that, so I'm running 4.9 on that (but I'm also an Inbox user and that gives me all the material design view of my gmail I care to have - LOL).

shetach

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Just got the update through play store.
One thing I've noticed in play store and gmail: the side bar texts are all much smaller then previously, to the point if being too small.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea....in fact a lot of times I'll install the apk and still get a play store update notice a few days later.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
This sucks. I really like inbox so far so right now I am using inbox for Gmail and the new gmail app for my Yahoo. I wish Inbox opened up like the new Gmail app did.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Got the update on my Moto X this morning from the play store..... Before my Nexus 10!

Merged my hotmail account. Love this one place for all email.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20