Hello All,

I have a Moto X (AT&T) 2013 and I was wondering if there is a way to lock the device (as if I were to press the power button) without actually pressing the power button. The closest solution is for me to set the lock out time to the shortest possible. But that is not preferred for me.
    10-26-2014 06:27 PM
    I use Widgetsdroid and add a lock icon. Then pull down and tap the lock icon.

[Tried to add a screen shot for you but don't have enough posts]

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 07:20 PM
    Their a lot of power button apps on play store also but I find the power button to not be a problem

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2014 10:54 PM
    Tasker can do this too. I have mine set to lock while I am in a call and then lock again when the call is over since the call ending wakes the phone again. This is only when I am in the car though. I just don't want the screen lit up the whole time while I have talking on the phone.

Why do you want to lock the screen? That might help with suggesting a solution.
    10-27-2014 12:07 PM
    I just got the 2013 X and I'm concerned that the power button will fail overtime so I'm trying to find a way to avoid using it. Thanks!
    10-28-2014 04:28 PM
    I just got the 2013 X and I'm concerned that the power button will fail overtime so I'm trying to find a way to avoid using it.
    Several people on this forum have had their Moto X for over a year and have not reported a problem with the power button. I've had mine since December 7 of last year and probably hit the power button around fifty times a day; still works.
    10-28-2014 04:33 PM
    I have had mine since February and also have locked and unlocked the device 50+ times a day and have had 0 issues

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2014 03:32 AM
    I just got the 2013 X and I'm concerned that the power button will fail overtime so I'm trying to find a way to avoid using it. Thanks!
    That’s a strange concern but I have good news.

Double tab to close is coming with Android Lollipop if the phones supports it and since I actually use this feature with Action launcher I am going to assume the hardware for the Moto X supports it.

If you want to do it not just you can buy Action launcher and turn the feature on. Double tap on any empty spot on your screen and it will turn off.
    10-29-2014 07:24 AM
    I don't like using the power button when the phone is sitting on my desk because it's tricky to hold the phone in place while pressing the button, so I searched for the same thing. I am using SwipeToLock, which activates when I swipe from the bottom left of the screen (it can be convigured to activate from any part of the left or right edges of the screen). It acts just like pressing the power button. Working perfectly for me.
    10-29-2014 02:42 PM