I've had my Moto X since fall of 2013. I've always used the "Sleeping" mode in the Assist app and it works great.
    My phone has been updated to Android 4.4.4 for quite a while.

Something changed recently and I don't know why. I have always had the Sleeping mode set for 11:00 pm - 8:00 am. Up until recently, if I woke up early (like most work days) and unlocked the phone, the little sleeping icon would show at the top of the screen, and when I sweep down, it would tell me it was in the sleeping mode - and give me an option that said something like "I'm not Sleeping". If I touched that, it would disable sleeping mode.

Now, it simply tells me that sleeping mode is active, but doesn't give me the message "I'm not sleeping" therefore, there's not a quick and easy method to disable sleeping.

I don't believe this is related to the 4.4.4 update since it only started happening a month or so ago. I don't know of anything I've changed, and within the Assist app, I don't see anything that I could have changed.

Any ideas? Is this a universal change/ update to the Assist app? (FWIW, I have no idea when the Assist app was most recently updated, but to say I do let it update automatically).

Thanks
    11-03-2014 07:09 PM
    The quick action to turn off sleeping mode in the notification only shows when Assist is the top notification. This is the default behavior for any app in the notification shade. However, all app notifications that have quick actions still have them available: you just have to press and drag down the notification to show the quick action.

Did you recently install an app that takes up a permanent spot at the top of the notifications? This would explain why you don't see it the quick action anymore.
    11-04-2014 07:01 AM