12-07-2014 11:18 PM
59 123
tools
    Mine was too. Finally bit the bullet and did a full on factory reset and the problems have virtually disappeared. The Lollipop setup makes getting back pretty painless, especially since you can now select which apps to add back on at setup.

Posted via Android Central App
    Your post indicates there is a way to save the list of apps and add them back selectively after factory reset.
    Am I interpreting this correct?
    If so, can you explain how you do that...
    12-07-2014 08:56 AM
    Your post indicates there is a way to save the list of apps and add them back selectively after factory reset.
    Am I interpreting this correct?
    If so, can you explain how you do that...
    I too, would like to know how this is done.
    12-07-2014 10:13 AM
    Has anyone in here actually gotten the lollipop update on the N7 via the system update utility? Or were those updates done by side loading?
    12-07-2014 05:47 PM
    Has anyone in here actually gotten the lollipop update on the N7 via the system update utility? Or were those updates done by side loading?
    I got the update on my 2012 Nexus 7 via the system update utility a few weeks ago. It's still a laggy pos even after a factory reset and multiple cache wipes. But that's not due to lollipop. It's been a laggy pos for a long time before the update. I have no doubt the X will be as smooth as ever on lollipop.
    12-07-2014 06:00 PM
    Also, when setting it up for the first time after the factory reset, I had the option to restore from any of my active devices. In my case, I could choose between my Moto X and Nexus 7, and I was given the option to select the individual apps I wanted to restore.
    12-07-2014 06:04 PM
    I got the update on my 2012 Nexus 7 via the system update utility a few weeks ago. It's still a laggy pos even after a factory reset and multiple cache wipes. But that's not due to lollipop. It's been a laggy pos for a long time before the update. I have no doubt the X will be as smooth as ever on lollipop.
    Really? On mine it has not shown up. Odd that it would be so long, though I really don't want it yet. Maybe cause yours is 2012, not 2013. I have a 2012 but only use it as a bedside alarm clock and don't really keep it up to date. Never bothered to check the update on that one cause it's barely up to being much more than a clock and music player. I'd imagine Lollipop to be super slow on it anyway. The 2013 one is what I actually use. Anyone else had the update offered but didn't install it yet because of apps known not to work with it?
    12-07-2014 06:06 PM
    Really? On mine it has not shown up. Odd that it would be so long, though I really don't want it yet. Maybe cause yours is 2012, not 2013. I have a 2012 but only use it as a bedside alarm clock and don't really keep it up to date. Never bothered to check the update on that one cause it's barely up to being much more than a clock and music player. I'd imagine Lollipop to be super slow on it anyway. The 2013 one is what I actually use. Anyone else had the update offered but didn't install it yet because of apps known not to work with it?
    Yep, I believe I got it the weekend of Nov 14. But as you said, it's no longer good for anything more than an e-reader and music streamer.
    12-07-2014 06:14 PM
    The ability to restore from a device that's been backed up by Google play services is new to 5.0. You won't see it or be able to use it until you're upgraded. Once you are you'll be given the option to pick a device and then the apps that can be selected from that device's backup. I did this on my nx6 from my s4 gpe upon first setup. It even restored my home screens. It's super sweet.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2014 10:10 PM
    The ability to restore from a device that's been backed up by Google play services is new to 5.0. You won't see it or be able to use it until you're upgraded. Once you are you'll be given the option to pick a device and then the apps that can be selected from that device's backup. I did this on my nx6 from my s4 gpe upon first setup. It even restored my home screens. It's super sweet.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    That sounds a lot like what iCloud has been doing for Apple users for years now. It's about time Android got that capability. I'd love to update to lollipop but I still have to wait for my favorite apps to catch up with it first.
    12-07-2014 11:18 PM
59 123