How long til we see Lollipop?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No timeframe announced.

I expect to get it after the second gen Moto X though.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
No timeframe announced.

I expect to get it after the second gen Moto X though.

Yeah we will most definitely get the update after the new X. If I had to guess I'd say it would be toward the end of this month. Motorola has been lightning fast these days. The Verizon Moto X 2013 got KitKat before the nexus 4 last year after all.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen a build for the 2013 Moto X's yet. I have seen a build for the 2014 X VZW version, however. So it's coming. Soon.

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My inner geek is impatiently waiting. I might be periodically checking for an OS update...

Posted via Android Central App

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
My wild inaccurate prediction totally not based on anything real whatsoever is probably March 2015.

Posted via Android Central App

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I remember how quick the kitkat update was, so i'm hoping this update is just as fast. i'll wait til after the 2014 model, but hopefully we get it right after.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My wild inaccurate prediction totally not based on anything real whatsoever is probably March 2015.

WOW, thats the worst speculation i have ever seen.

you seem to forget moto x was the first phone to receive KK.

we may not get L first which doesnt matter, but we will def be seeing it before the year ends. most likely before this month even ends.

sinimsdp

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
With 2014 moto x pe phones already getting lollipop before even any nexus device has, I would imagine the rest of Motorola's lineup is not far behind.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

we may not get L first which doesnt matter, but we will def be seeing it before the year ends. most likely before this month even ends.

I certainly hope it's before the end of November! If not I'm thinking December.

The 2013 is still a very relevant Motorola device being that it is only a year old at this point.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

LOL, the fact that I wasn't serious doesn't really come across very well in writing. I guess my post needs a sarcasm tag.

So my serious answer is pretty much what benhaube said, most likely by the end of the month...Christmas at the latest.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
With gmail, calendar, maps, and messenger 5.0 versions all out already, this has provided a bridge to lollipop for the most commonly used system apps.

I'm not sure how much of a difference I'll see with lollipop. Gmail and calendar are the stars of this upgrade. I like the new messenger as well since I stick to the stock Android apps.

Last edited:

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how much of a difference I'll see with lollipop. Gmail and calendar are the stars of this upgrade.

Well, you'll notice changes and improvements with notifications and there's notifications on the lock screen. Also, Android Run Time should improve battery life.

Sent from my Moto X

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm also hoping Motorola will include some updates to their software with the upgrade. Really hoping their support for customizable launch phrases makes it to the OG Moto X!

Or, if we can't have that, how about the improved Moto Display where you can select either of the last 3 notifications...

Sent from my Moto X

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i recently upgraded to the 2014 moto X. it's more of a downgrade. There is no way to use voice over data yet. honestly? I liked the 2013 X better. The 2014 i think is too big, and no voice over data? Dmark44 i'll take un customizable commands any day vs no voice over data. EPIC FAIL verizon.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
i recently upgraded to the 2014 moto X. it's more of a downgrade. There is no way to use voice over data yet. honestly? I liked the 2013 X better. The 2014 i think is too big, and no voice over data? Dmark44 i'll take un customizable commands any day vs no voice over data. EPIC FAIL verizon.

Not sure how this is related to the thread but it sounds like your problem is with Verizon...You wouldn't have this problem with AT&T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke