How long til we see Lollipop?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
With regard to "don't be in a rush" I'll point out a few inconvenient facts about 5.0 builds. The nx9 has seen 3 of them so far... The first one having its image pulled from Google's site. That is unprecedented. The nx6 has seen 2 builds and seems to be delayed while they work on a third. The pure X 2014 has seen a leaked private soak build, an ota, and just recently a new ota build to replace it. The HTC gpe devices? Delayed. Samsung gpe devices? Who knows other than screen shots of a leaked build. Turbo? No idea except for 2 so far unreleased 4.4.4 updates with advanced calling.... But no 5.0 builds that I've seen. My son inherited my xt1053 and my daughter is getting one for Xmas. I'd prefer to see stable builds released for it, personally.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm in no rush to install Lollipop on my Nexus 7 (2013) given the number of apps that don't work with it, which include some of my favorites. On the other hand it's rather curious that the OTA update hasn't even been offered on in the Settings page where you check for updates. I have the files for side loading it, but probably won't use them unless I find that my favorite apps are all up to running on Lollipop before the OTA is offered through updates.

carlMode

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
lollipop yet? and is it worth it?

Just ordered me a OG Moto X finally. The main reason because I had the Moto G and it was superb. I loved seeing the touch less display and wonder if anyone has got the lollipop update yet and if so does it mess with the overall experience w it?

I have lollipop on my nexus 7 , its great. Just wouldn't want it to ruin what I've been looking forward to.

Posted via the Android Central App

macnuss

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lollipop on moto x 2013

Damn it moto get on with Lollipop for moto x 2013

Posted via the Android Central App

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lollipop on moto x 2013

Guessing it will not be on the original X before Dec. 16. That's when that Cyber Monday promo code to buy the 2014 X at $140 off expires. They probably want to sell as many of them before the code expires to keep people from just upgrading the current model. I got a code and now very on the fence. I'd love to get the new X but wondering if the upgrade to Lollipop on the 2013 X will wow me and make the purchase of a new one something I could hold off on for another year and see what's available then.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My 2012 nexus 7 is laggy with lollipop even after a cache wipe

Mine was too. Finally bit the bullet and did a full on factory reset and the problems have virtually disappeared. The Lollipop setup makes getting back pretty painless, especially since you can now select which apps to add back on at setup.

Posted via Android Central App

reddyd

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Your post indicates there is a way to save the list of apps and add them back selectively after factory reset.
Am I interpreting this correct?
If so, can you explain how you do that...

reddyd

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine was too. Finally bit the bullet and did a full on factory reset and the problems have virtually disappeared. The Lollipop setup makes getting back pretty painless, especially since you can now select which apps to add back on at setup.

Posted via Android Central App
Your post indicates there is a way to save the list of apps and add them back selectively after factory reset.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I too, would like to know how this is done.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone in here actually gotten the lollipop update on the N7 via the system update utility? Or were those updates done by side loading?

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone in here actually gotten the lollipop update on the N7 via the system update utility? Or were those updates done by side loading?
I got the update on my 2012 Nexus 7 via the system update utility a few weeks ago. It's still a laggy pos even after a factory reset and multiple cache wipes. But that's not due to lollipop. It's been a laggy pos for a long time before the update. I have no doubt the X will be as smooth as ever on lollipop.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, when setting it up for the first time after the factory reset, I had the option to restore from any of my active devices. In my case, I could choose between my Moto X and Nexus 7, and I was given the option to select the individual apps I wanted to restore.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I got the update on my 2012 Nexus 7 via the system update utility a few weeks ago. It's still a laggy pos even after a factory reset and multiple cache wipes. But that's not due to lollipop. It's been a laggy pos for a long time before the update. I have no doubt the X will be as smooth as ever on lollipop.

Really? On mine it has not shown up. Odd that it would be so long, though I really don't want it yet. Maybe cause yours is 2012, not 2013. I have a 2012 but only use it as a bedside alarm clock and don't really keep it up to date. Never bothered to check the update on that one cause it's barely up to being much more than a clock and music player. I'd imagine Lollipop to be super slow on it anyway. The 2013 one is what I actually use. Anyone else had the update offered but didn't install it yet because of apps known not to work with it?

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Really? On mine it has not shown up. Odd that it would be so long, though I really don't want it yet. Maybe cause yours is 2012, not 2013. I have a 2012 but only use it as a bedside alarm clock and don't really keep it up to date. Never bothered to check the update on that one cause it's barely up to being much more than a clock and music player. I'd imagine Lollipop to be super slow on it anyway. The 2013 one is what I actually use. Anyone else had the update offered but didn't install it yet because of apps known not to work with it?
Yep, I believe I got it the weekend of Nov 14. But as you said, it's no longer good for anything more than an e-reader and music streamer.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The ability to restore from a device that's been backed up by Google play services is new to 5.0. You won't see it or be able to use it until you're upgraded. Once you are you'll be given the option to pick a device and then the apps that can be selected from that device's backup. I did this on my nx6 from my s4 gpe upon first setup. It even restored my home screens. It's super sweet.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
The ability to restore from a device that's been backed up by Google play services is new to 5.0. You won't see it or be able to use it until you're upgraded. Once you are you'll be given the option to pick a device and then the apps that can be selected from that device's backup. I did this on my nx6 from my s4 gpe upon first setup. It even restored my home screens. It's super sweet.

That sounds a lot like what iCloud has been doing for Apple users for years now. It's about time Android got that capability. I'd love to update to lollipop but I still have to wait for my favorite apps to catch up with it first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney