Blue reflection under sunlight

Medialoha

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

All is in the title. Just bought a Moto X and I'm really happy with it. But the things went wrong when I tried it in my car. The screen is really brilliant and when it's off it goes blue under the sun light...

Does anyone else has the same problem ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So the screen is off, but the reflection has a bluish tint? If the screen is off, I don't think this is a problem. It probably has to do with the materials in the screen.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
That's what the older gen AMOLED panel look light, it have a blueish tint. The newer generation panel like with the Moto X 2014 is more black.

Medialoha

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your answers.

This is what I was thinking about, a material "issue". I was afraid it was a poor quality replacement screen.
I will try it this week-end in a long trip (as GPS), but I'm afraid the visibility will be horrible !

I come from a Nexus 4, and the screen visibility in daylight is really poor... Too bad...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can always turn down the screen brightness if it's too brilliant. And the blue tint shouldn't be noticeable if the screen is on.

Medialoha

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Good idea, I will try it. Thanks.

The screen brightness is in auto mode and I did not notice real difference when the light change. I'm not sure that the light sensor is really good...