My Moto X (2013) Sprint (4.4.4) Is Bricked And An OS Is Not Installed. Can Someone Help Please?

Clutch_Cake

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I had my phone rooted for about a month but when I heard news of Lollipop I decided to unroot, I googled how to do it and all ways of unrooting said I needed a rom for my phone, carrier, and android version but I couldn't find it anywhere (until after brick) so I saw an option in SuperSU that said "unroot" so I tapped that and it was "done". I still had to remove CWM and re-lock the bootloader so I found another tutorial and it turned out to just download TWRP. When I left recovery mode TWRP said I wasn't rooted so I hit the option "Root device" because I figured if I didn't do so something bad would happen to my phone, after that I redownloaded supersu and some other root app. After I downloaded the other root app it asked to reboot, I did and my phone got stuck on booting up. I looked up another tutorial that said I should do a restore before I went on with fixing it because what I downloaded could've been something bad and I ended up accidentally wiping out the OS. Now I'm here, I've tried using adb push in recovery mode to download and install the ROM I eventually found but when I hit "install" on the file in TWRP it says, "error couldn't unzip file". Can someone help me please?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only other way I can think of is finding a flashable .zip file, push it through ADB, and hopefully TWRP can install it.

chaos88dragon

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
In order to make a .zip file flashable, you need to unzip the file and flash the image from the .zip file. I recommend 7zip. You can google it and find 7zip.