My Moto X would have no problem making it all day on a charge, despite 'normal' usage. However, a couple of weeks ago, it seemed have reduced capacity. The charge is depleting much more rapidly. Where I would have 50 to 60% of a charge left at the end of the day, I now have 15 to 20%. I don't see any apps report unusual usage.

Any ideas or thought?

Anyone else see this happening? Wondering if it was an update?? Or, a physical problem with the battery.
    11-15-2014 07:45 AM
    I've been thinking the same thing lately. I hope Lollipop helps or maybe another sweet end of year discount on the 2014 Moto X.
    11-15-2014 08:30 AM
    Did you switch from Dalvik to ART sometime in the past? I recently switched back to Dalvik and I *think* my battery charge lasts longer now.

Perhaps the conversion of many apps from Play for future Lollipop use has had some effect, dunno for sure, though.
    11-15-2014 08:35 AM
    I think part of my issue is that I have a Pebble Steel connected to it. If I look at the battery stats, there is a lot of wake time when the screen isn't on.
    11-15-2014 08:40 AM
    Got stuck driving my son to the airport yesterday morning.
    Long story-short, different airport than expected had to use navigation for extended period.
    Went from full charge to 16% with 3.5 hrs screen time utilizing Google maps.
    Don't know if this is good or bad, do know it was of great use for me.
    Running ART.
    Just to give some sort of reference.
    11-15-2014 09:52 AM
    My Moto X would have no problem making it all day on a charge, despite 'normal' usage. However, a couple of weeks ago, it seemed have reduced capacity. The charge is depleting much more rapidly. Where I would have 50 to 60% of a charge left at the end of the day, I now have 15 to 20%. I don't see any apps report unusual usage.

Any ideas or thought?

Anyone else see this happening? Wondering if it was an update?? Or, a physical problem with the battery.
    You do the agency thing is I was thinking the same exact thing when I first bought my Moto X even under average usage with YouTube videos and music playback from Pandora I was yet to 12 hours of usage easily now I'm barely getting 6 hours info is on the freaking charger. I love the quality of the audio and everything from my Moto X but the battery sucks. I'm planning to the Nexus 6 in my upgrade date of January is that supposed to have a 32 20 mAh battery. Hopefully that will last forever YouTube video with you and said it will. On the performance side of things, I still love my Moto X. But the battery like everyone I said in this thread, just can't hold up. No matter what is your GPSing or you're YouTube or anything it just doesn't last!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-15-2014 11:01 AM
    Same here. Have even calibrated the battery a few times and hasn't helped much. I am running ART. I used to have about 60% to 70% when I got home in the afternoon, now with the same usage it's closer to 30% to 40%. I'm hoping that lollipop will help, but I'm definitely grabbing either the X 2014 or the turbo sometime around the first of the new year. Leaning towards the turbo lately just for the battery life.

11-15-2014 11:25 AM
    Same here. Have even calibrated the battery a few times and hasn't helped much. I am running ART. I used to have about 60% to 70% when I got home in the afternoon, now with the same usage it's closer to 30% to 40%. I'm hoping that lollipop will help, but I'm definitely grabbing either the X 2014 or the turbo sometime around the first of the new year. Leaning towards the turbo lately just for the battery life.

I just don't like those damn capacitive buttons on the turbo of course. I was looking at that for a little while, I just can't bring myself to do it if course. Lol. I mean I am in love with the nexus 6! Just have to get used to that bigger screen is all. Great for YouTube and movies though of course. 😝

11-15-2014 02:59 PM
    I've been noticing less battery life the last few months also, but it seems to be back to normal after deleting Yahoo's mail app. It's been back to its former glory the last week getting 40-50% at 11 pm. Before deleting the app, it would be at 15-20% at 11 pm.

Deleting the app could be a coincidence though. Who knows?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-15-2014 06:38 PM
    Just wanted to add that I've had mine since January with maybe one factory reset sometime in the spring. I run all stock, no launchers, OS modifications or anything. I usually use it for typical web browsing, messaging, occasional game or two, and a lot of Google Play All Access music streaming.

The battery is still typically normal for me, which is most to all day, with around 15-20% by nighttime. More if I don't use the phone as much during the day.
    11-15-2014 07:24 PM
    Same initial concerns as OP, so I did a full reset last week and have slowly been adding back apps.

Results so far have been great. Had a few hours of screen time and 90 minutes of phone usage and easily get 14 - 16 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2014 05:49 PM
    I started having similar issues a week or so ago. I'm not sure what the issue might be. I have noticed that the mobile network signal in the battery settings MIGHT be a darker yellow than previously, but I didn't pay much attention before so I don't know.

I'm on verizon in a large city, so they might be changing towers or changing something else?

For reference, my drain with no wifi/data at my house is around 2-3% an hour, and it gets me a roughly prorated 16-20 hours total with 2-3 hours of screen time.

Previously my drain with no wifi/data at my house is a little less than 1% an hour and will get me a roughly prorated 35 hours with 4 hours of screen on time.
    11-17-2014 11:15 PM
    I've been having issues for about 2 months now. Not sure if I just played too much Brave Frontier, used a charger that fried a bit of the battery, or if bitrot is the culprit. I've been meaning to do a factory reset for quite some time, now it seems prudent to wait for Lollipop and then do a clean wipe.

I've been getting probably 40-50% of the battery life that I used to.
    11-18-2014 12:08 AM
    PROBLEM SOLVED! I inadvertently had changed the display from 1/2 power to automatic (on the widget feature) . What a difference that makes. Much better now.
    11-21-2014 08:49 PM
    Hi!

If you updated to Android 4.4.4 recently, then it's a known issue that the battery life goes down after the update (now Android OS uses 40% of the battery) I will unplug my Moto X at 7 AM and at 10 AM it will be at 50%.
    The Android L update will bring back your battery life :P

TIPS:
    1. Always carry a charger (XD)
    2. Don't use Bluetooth extensively (especially in the case of Bluetooth headphones)
    3. Turn off data (like always, unless you need it)
    4. At 20%, turn off autosync, wifi, etc etc etc
    11-24-2014 12:08 PM
    Depending on how old your phone is, and how you've used it (e.g. have you run it down to very few % battery on a regular basis?) it could simply be that the battery has become degraded as well. It's inevitable after enough charging cycles for lithium batteries.
    11-24-2014 01:31 PM
    Depending on how old your phone is, and how you've used it (e.g. have you run it down to very few % battery on a regular basis?) it could simply be that the battery has become degraded as well. It's inevitable after enough charging cycles for lithium batteries.
    Mine is around 1 year old, and before the last 2 weeks I'd say I charged the phone approximately once a day (at night to charge it up to full), only a few times (maybe 15 in the entire year) did I charge it during the day to make it through. I'd say a total of 20 times the phone has been below 30%, and only a couple times has it gone below 20%. I'd like to think it's not the battery losing capacity, but something else.

I did check my phone settings and my mobile network was set for Global for some reason, I switched to LTE/CDMA, and the battery improved. But not back to where it was previously. My thought it's still the mobile signal. Except I cant *228 anymore to coordinate towers with verizon with a 4G phone.
    rmn_cats likes this.
    11-24-2014 08:57 PM
    That's what I suspect I'm suffering from. Does anyone know if you can replace the battery in this thing? I'd rather not upgrade. The Moto X 2014 is really larger than I want, with probably worse "good" battery life (and this battery life wasn't really enough for my typical day even when the phone was new) and there aren't many phones on the market in this size. I even bought the Sony compact, because it promised good battery life. But I don't like using it. It's squarer shape makes it feel larger in my hand, it's slipperiness makes it hard to handle, especially one-handed, and it's screen has a narrower range of vision, so I can't comfortably read it when it is laying flat on the table. Yeah, it's faster and it has a larger battery. But it just isn't as nice to use. Except it doesn't run out at awkward times.
    weksa likes this.
    11-25-2014 03:53 PM
    I did a hard reset, had the same issues..came back and installed only the essential apps.. my battery last now a full day without a problem

11-25-2014 09:27 PM