12-17-2014 02:13 PM
26 12
tools
    I've been a loyal android user for a long time. When I was looking to upgrade from my galaxy s3 I decided on the moto x based partly on all the posts of how great the battery life was. Fast forward a year later and I'm sitting in an airport waiting for a flight watching some TV shows and playing candy crush. I drained the battery before I even got on the flight (I barely eeked out 2.5 hours of screen time). I had had it but the new moto x was coming and had to have a much bigger battery so I patiently waited. I just wanted to use my phone without having to ration my usage.

Then the new moto x comes out with a battery that is barely any bigger. So I guess technically the new moto x drove me to the iPhone and I made the jump to the iPhone 6. Today I used my phone and got 6 hours and 47 minutes of screen on time and may hit 7 before it dies. My phone doesn't overheat anymore when I play games, watch videos or use Google maps in my car.

Maybe some day I'll be back but for now I'm just happy that my phone lasts past lunch if I really want to use it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Are you looking at 'Usage' for your screen on time? Usage and screen on time are not the same. iOS does not give screen on time - I know because I used an iPhone 5 for a year and a half.

The iPhone 6 plus 'may' give you 5-6 hours of screen on time. The iPhone 6 does not.
    12-17-2014 02:13 PM
26 12