Did materiel design break Google Wallet?

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ever since Wallet updated to the latest revision, it hasn't worked a single time. I found out that it doesn't work on vending machines, which explains one incident. But I've used Wallet in the past at the local CVS and Petco a dozen times each and I've been denied at both places in the last week. In all occasions, the phone makes the noise that it read the pay station, but the register doesn't react like I paid. I tried multiple times at each location, and nothing worked. It wasn't asking for my PIN, I had already put it in.

Checked settings and Wallet it still picked for 'tap and pay'. I did just try clearing the cache, but haven't tried to use it since. Any thoughts? Could the update have reset something that I haven't thought to check?

Csdaytona

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about other retailers but I know CVS has deactivated that feature from their payment terminals.

Posted via Android Central App

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ever since Wallet updated to the latest revision, it hasn't worked a single time. I found out that it doesn't work on vending machines, which explains one incident. But I've used Wallet in the past at the local CVS and Petco a dozen times each and I've been denied at both places in the last week. In all occasions, the phone makes the noise that it read the pay station, but the register doesn't react like I paid. I tried multiple times at each location, and nothing worked. It wasn't asking for my PIN, I had already put it in.

Checked settings and Wallet it still picked for 'tap and pay'. I did just try clearing the cache, but haven't tried to use it since. Any thoughts? Could the update have reset something that I haven't thought to check?

CVS and some other merchants are coming out with their own system called CurrentC. Once Apple pay came out CVS stopped accepting both Google wallet and Apple Pay. That's why I will now shop at Walgreens which still allows both.

Posted via Android Central App