Can I put Verizon parts in my US Cellular Moto X (2013)?

thecodye

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
So I have this Moto X 2013 from US Cellular, however I am over at Verizon (regretfully:/). The phone is unlocked, but i can only get 3g due to band support. However, I was wondering, if i purchased a new verizon motherboard and new verizon antennas for the phone, would this give me a functioning Verizon Moto X? Thanks for any help in advance:)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you didn't do anything wrong, probably. However, the fact that you asked means that you probably have never done this sort of thing, so the most likely outcome is going to be a phone case with a lot of parts in it that may even turn on, but won't work. When you get finished paying for all the work needed to get it working, you'll have paid more than it would have cost to buy a Verizon Moto X outright. (Machines that put phones together get paid a LOT less than people who fix phones - so a full teardown and rebuild of a phone can cost many times the price of a new phone. Retail price, not subsidized price. IOW many times the $400 you can buy an unlocked one for.)

thecodye

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I repair screen for phones and such, I've just never done anything to this extent. And technically, I wouldn't have to flash new firmware or Verizon clearing the IMEI, that would already be on the logicboard I'm installing. And it also would be cheaper than outright buying a new one, however I am considering it, since the prices have dropped so much. I can get all the parts I need for just under $100 off eBay

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463