Hello all,

I have a first gen moto x

from everything i've read it says you CAN change the launch phrase for moto voice, but i am failing to see where / how to do so.

anyone have any pointers?
    11-26-2014 08:57 AM
    Hello all,

I have a first gen moto x

from everything i've read it says you CAN change the launch phrase for moto voice, but i am failing to see where / how to do so.

anyone have any pointers?
    That's a feature in the 2014 Moto X and so far it hasn't been ported to the 2013 Moto X. I would bet that it will be there when we get the 5.0 update.
    alexfisher likes this.
    11-26-2014 09:22 AM
    You can use Settings >>> Touchless Control >>> Train launch phrase.

However, the ability to really customize the launch phrase is only available in the new 2014 Moto X right now.

The 1st gen X's ability to change the launch phrase is pretty limited- you can change the "OK" to "Hey", and/or "Google" to sound-alike words, and some people have reported using other two syllable words, according to the 'net- try Jarvis!. "Google" I can also be changed to "Moto".

You can also remove the "now" from the launch phrase. I find "Okay Google Now" kind of awkward, so I use just "Okay Google" and it works wonderfully.
    11-26-2014 09:39 AM
    When I first trained the launch phrase, I used OK Google. It worked every time, but it also turned up a lot of false positives. It would turn on pretty much every time I was in a noisy environment, like listening to the radio or TV. I retrained to OK Google Now, and get no false positives, but it also doesn't always hear me.
    11-26-2014 09:47 AM
    When I first trained the launch phrase, I used OK Google. It worked every time, but it also turned up a lot of false positives. It would turn on pretty much every time I was in a noisy environment, like listening to the radio or TV. I retrained to OK Google Now, and get no false positives, but it also doesn't always hear me.
    Did you train in a quiet room? It's possible the phone picked up on some sort of background noise when you first trained it (and even possible the second time too) so it kept triggering when it heard or thought it heard that same background noise (or refuses to trigger like in your retrained version). Like I mentioned, I use "OK Google" and haven't had a false trigger.
    11-26-2014 09:58 AM