Moto x with lollipop

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
thats not the point. they used to say if it was coming and when, that way there was something to look forward to and anticipate, not just leave people in dark now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
thats not the point. they used to say if it was coming and when, that way there was something to look forward to and anticipate, not just leave people in dark now.

I don't recall them saying exactly when, just that it's coming - which they've already said.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Two things changed: Punit Soni left and Lenovo completed the takeover. We're hoping for the same level of support and disclosure now that we were used to in the past but we need to face it, that ship has since sailed. We may get the big update but the likelihood of it happening has decreased dramatically. IMHO.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Two things changed: Punit Soni left and Lenovo completed the takeover. We're hoping for the same level of support and disclosure now that we were used to in the past but we need to face it, that ship has since sailed. We may get the big update but the likelihood of it happening has decreased dramatically. IMHO.

From 2014-10-15:

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2014/10/its-official-android-50-lollipop-coming.html

While Google has not yet publicly released Android Lollipop, we are happy to confirm that the upgrade will come to:

Moto X (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
Moto G (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
Moto G with 4G LTE
Moto E
Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, and Droid Mini

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Some of us with the 2014 Moto X still don't have Lollipop either (those of us on AT&T) and don't know exactly when we're getting it - just that we will get it eventually. The folks on Verizon have already gotten Lollipop, so it also comes down to which carrier you're using. Moto may release it for the 2013 Moto X tomorrow, but you may still have to wait a while anyway - if you're with AT&T.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Ry, I'm familiar with that info. That was released during the time of the previous regime I think.

Posted via the Android Central App

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Better to get it when the bugs are worked out anyways. Also for those hoping for better battery life it might not make much of a difference. On my Nexus 7, after the Lollipop update, the standby time has gone down quite a bit.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I would advise waiting a slight bit until the memory leak bug has been patched in a future update.

Lollipop is an extremely nice update but the few bugs can become really troublesome at times.

Rest assured however, Motorola hasn't forgotten you guys.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ry, I'm familiar with that info. That was released during the time of the previous regime I think.

Posted via the Android Central App

And it hasn't changed. What's different from last time is that there are other phones ahead of the 1st gen Moto X.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
And it hasn't changed. What's different from last time is that there are other phones ahead of the 1st gen Moto X.

I've been a huge fan of Motorola for quite some time Ry, I love my OG Moto X so much that everyone in my family has purchased a Moto since I got mine. But they've clammed right up since Mr. Soni departed and that can not be denied. Whether or not they decide to forget their promises regarding the OG Moto Xs remains to be seen. I hope I'm wrong.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been a huge fan of Motorola for quite some time Ry, I love my OG Moto X so much that everyone in my family has purchased a Moto since I got mine. But they've clammed right up since Mr. Soni departed and that can not be denied. Whether or not they decide to forget their promises regarding the OG Moto Xs remains to be seen. I hope I'm wrong.

How so? Moto X (2014) variants are getting Lollipop. Same with Moto G variants. Looks like DROID TURBO is starting up. First gen Moto X (and 2013 DROID) owners are in the same position the 2012 DROIDs were in with newer devices ahead of us.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
How so? Moto X (2014) variants are getting Lollipop. Same with Moto G variants. Looks like DROID TURBO is starting up. First gen Moto X (and 2013 DROID) owners are in the same position the 2012 DROIDs were in with newer devices ahead of us.

How so what? Perhaps you could address my point about Motorola's communications drying up? I've seen that they've updated a device here or there but we are in the Moto X 2013 subforum and that's the only phone we should be concerned with in here IMHO. There's been nothing happening on that front and nothing has been said about it in months (since Soni quit Moto).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How so what? Perhaps you could address my point about Motorola's communications drying up? I've seen that they've updated a device here or there but we are in the Moto X 2013 subforum and that's the only phone we should be concerned with in here IMHO. There's been nothing happening on that front and nothing has been said about it in months (since Soni quit Moto).

David Schuster has been providing the updates. Latest news for the 2013 models is that it's still coming.

Again, first gen owners aren't at the front of the line this time. That's just the reality of the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC