01-14-2015 10:57 PM
51 123
tools
    Any idea when will lollipop be released for moto x 2013??

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2014 06:56 AM
    Any idea when will lollipop be released for moto x 2013??

No date has been announced. It's coming though.
    12-30-2014 02:23 PM
    Not this year.
    alexfisher likes this.
    12-31-2014 02:49 AM
    Hope we get in Q1 of 2015
    12-31-2014 09:01 AM
    Maybe this year

01-01-2015 02:05 PM
    kinda sad that no one from moto is posting any kind of updates on any social media like they used to.
    01-01-2015 04:20 PM
    kinda sad that no one from moto is posting any kind of updates on any social media like they used to.
    Um. They'll post when they're ready.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    01-01-2015 09:52 PM
    thats not the point. they used to say if it was coming and when, that way there was something to look forward to and anticipate, not just leave people in dark now.
    01-02-2015 01:15 AM
    thats not the point. they used to say if it was coming and when, that way there was something to look forward to and anticipate, not just leave people in dark now.
    I don't recall them saying exactly when, just that it's coming - which they've already said.

01-02-2015 07:47 AM
    Two things changed: Punit Soni left and Lenovo completed the takeover. We're hoping for the same level of support and disclosure now that we were used to in the past but we need to face it, that ship has since sailed. We may get the big update but the likelihood of it happening has decreased dramatically. IMHO.
    stabbedintheface likes this.
    01-02-2015 10:43 AM
    Two things changed: Punit Soni left and Lenovo completed the takeover. We're hoping for the same level of support and disclosure now that we were used to in the past but we need to face it, that ship has since sailed. We may get the big update but the likelihood of it happening has decreased dramatically. IMHO.
    From 2014-10-15:

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/20...op-coming.html

While Google has not yet publicly released Android Lollipop, we are happy to confirm that the upgrade will come to:

Moto X (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
    Moto G (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
    Moto G with 4G LTE
    Moto E
    Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, and Droid Mini

01-02-2015 12:02 PM
    Some of us with the 2014 Moto X still don't have Lollipop either (those of us on AT&T) and don't know exactly when we're getting it - just that we will get it eventually. The folks on Verizon have already gotten Lollipop, so it also comes down to which carrier you're using. Moto may release it for the 2013 Moto X tomorrow, but you may still have to wait a while anyway - if you're with AT&T.
    01-02-2015 01:24 PM
    Ry, I'm familiar with that info. That was released during the time of the previous regime I think.

01-02-2015 03:13 PM
    Better to get it when the bugs are worked out anyways. Also for those hoping for better battery life it might not make much of a difference. On my Nexus 7, after the Lollipop update, the standby time has gone down quite a bit.
    01-02-2015 03:55 PM
    I would advise waiting a slight bit until the memory leak bug has been patched in a future update.

Lollipop is an extremely nice update but the few bugs can become really troublesome at times.

Rest assured however, Motorola hasn't forgotten you guys.
    01-02-2015 03:58 PM
    Ry, I'm familiar with that info. That was released during the time of the previous regime I think.

And it hasn't changed. What's different from last time is that there are other phones ahead of the 1st gen Moto X.

01-02-2015 05:14 PM
    And it hasn't changed. What's different from last time is that there are other phones ahead of the 1st gen Moto X.

I've been a huge fan of Motorola for quite some time Ry, I love my OG Moto X so much that everyone in my family has purchased a Moto since I got mine. But they've clammed right up since Mr. Soni departed and that can not be denied. Whether or not they decide to forget their promises regarding the OG Moto Xs remains to be seen. I hope I'm wrong.
    01-03-2015 10:40 AM
    I've been a huge fan of Motorola for quite some time Ry, I love my OG Moto X so much that everyone in my family has purchased a Moto since I got mine. But they've clammed right up since Mr. Soni departed and that can not be denied. Whether or not they decide to forget their promises regarding the OG Moto Xs remains to be seen. I hope I'm wrong.
    How so? Moto X (2014) variants are getting Lollipop. Same with Moto G variants. Looks like DROID TURBO is starting up. First gen Moto X (and 2013 DROID) owners are in the same position the 2012 DROIDs were in with newer devices ahead of us.

01-03-2015 02:21 PM
    How so? Moto X (2014) variants are getting Lollipop. Same with Moto G variants. Looks like DROID TURBO is starting up. First gen Moto X (and 2013 DROID) owners are in the same position the 2012 DROIDs were in with newer devices ahead of us.

How so what? Perhaps you could address my point about Motorola's communications drying up? I've seen that they've updated a device here or there but we are in the Moto X 2013 subforum and that's the only phone we should be concerned with in here IMHO. There's been nothing happening on that front and nothing has been said about it in months (since Soni quit Moto).
    01-03-2015 04:47 PM
    How so what? Perhaps you could address my point about Motorola's communications drying up? I've seen that they've updated a device here or there but we are in the Moto X 2013 subforum and that's the only phone we should be concerned with in here IMHO. There's been nothing happening on that front and nothing has been said about it in months (since Soni quit Moto).
    David Schuster has been providing the updates. Latest news for the 2013 models is that it's still coming.

Again, first gen owners aren't at the front of the line this time. That's just the reality of the situation.

01-03-2015 04:58 PM
    I think the issue megatomic has is the '13 X isn't getting it's updates as fast as it did last year. Ry explained the reasons why which I agree with. However, the only issue I have with Moto's update is that on the '14 X, the ATT version doesn't have Lollipop yet. Only the Pure and VZW versions do. So, is it a carrier issue or is Moto just not releasing it? As nice at would be to have Lollipop on the '13 X (my wife currently has the VZW Developer Edition), Kit Kat works very well on the '13 X. Unless you need/want a specific feature of Lollipop, be patient for a clean build.
    01-03-2015 05:26 PM
    When I did soak tests for the XT1056 Sprint, they usually started late and rolled out after other carriers. Each carrier has their own special software quirks.

For example, Sprint notified users of voice mail as a background text seen by the phone and not the user. Then you have other custom items the carrier extra on it.

So if you have a Moto E, Moto G, Moto X xt1053 Developer Edition, or Moto X Pure then the updates are from Motorola. Otherwise you need to wait for your carrier to work out it's special software and tweaks.

01-03-2015 06:16 PM
    I think the issue megatomic has is the '13 X isn't getting it's updates as fast as it did last year. Ry explained the reasons why which I agree with. However, the only issue I have with Moto's update is that on the '14 X, the ATT version doesn't have Lollipop yet. Only the Pure and VZW versions do. So, is it a carrier issue or is Moto just not releasing it? As nice at would be to have Lollipop on the '13 X (my wife currently has the VZW Developer Edition), Kit Kat works very well on the '13 X. Unless you need/want a specific feature of Lollipop, be patient for a clean build.
    Oh I'm patient, I'll take it when/if it ever arrives. My real issue here is that we are dealing with a different Motorola than we had this time last year. Communication has slowed to about nothing (I'm all over G+). My gut instinct tells me that Lenovo has already made some changes and we may not like them.

I hope I'm wrong.

01-03-2015 06:26 PM
    Oh I'm patient, I'll take it when/if it ever arrives. My real issue here is that we are dealing with a different Motorola than we had this time last year. Communication has slowed to about nothing (I'm all over G+). My gut instinct tells me that Lenovo has already made some changes and we may not like them.

I hope I'm wrong.

You're not hearing about the 2013 Moto X because it's not ready. There are other devices that are ahead. Motorola employees were all over the Moto X (2nd gen) and Moto G Lollipop launches as they were launching.

Punit Soni never gave exact dates, just that the updates were coming. That hasn't changed.

(Oh and Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to the Motorola employees too)

01-03-2015 06:52 PM
    The whole Lollipop rollout is slow, not just 2013 Moto X. Heck, most of 2014's phones don't have it, and other manufacturers are not talking exact time frames on the previous generation of phones they've promised.
    What can you find as far as exact dates you'll see Android 5 on 2013 Moto X contemporaries like
    Samsung Galaxy S4?
    LG G2?
    HTC M7?

One last thing. Since this phone is obviously not first in line for updates anymore, please don't give me Lollipop until it's ready. What all I've been reading doesn't make it sound ready.
    ElronTheElder and Uncle Remus like this.
    01-04-2015 11:02 PM
51 123