Clock is 5 minutes slow. Any way to adjust?

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
My Moto X used to match time well, but has slowed to a full 5 minutes behind. I thought all cell phones synced time with the network, but maybe not. I'm on ATT & my wife's S4 clock is correct & matches all other "credible sources ".

Has anyone else noticed this or have a fix?

For comparison to the forum post time of this message:
Moto X time at posting 6:28 EST
Wife's S4 time at posting 6:33 EST

Posted via Android Central App

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
My Moto X used to match time well, but has slowed to a full 5 minutes behind. I thought all cell phones synced time with the network, but maybe not. I'm on ATT & my wife's S4 clock is correct & matches all other "credible sources ".

Has anyone else noticed this or have a fix?

For comparison to the forum post time of this message:
Moto X time at posting 6:28 EST
Wife's S4 time at posting 6:33 EST

My 2013 Moto X lost its Date & Time settings a couple of times in the past month or so. Just went to Settings > Date & Time and re-checked the automatic options, and all is well again.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Check the phones settings, most phone have an auto sync and manual, make sure it is set on automatic, then perhaps, do a power off and then turn back on.

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
That was it, thanks. My automatic date & time was unchecked. I looked for time settings before posting & somehow overlooked the menu option.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
My 2013 Moto X lost its Date & Time settings a couple of times in the past month or so. Just went to Settings > Date & Time and re-checked the automatic options, and all is well again.

That was it, thanks. My automatic date & time was unchecked. I looked for time settings before posting & somehow overlooked the menu option.

Might be a bug, seems like this can occasionally happen on its own.