Dbrand skin

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.
So, I just bought a couple of dbrand skins to bring a little bit more life to my og Moto x, so i thought maybe I could give you guys a little review:

I bought two back skins for 20 bucks plus risky shipping (I live in Mexico).
The two back skins are Mahogany and Titanium.
My frist impressions is that they truly seem high quality, and both have a different feel/grip (the mahogany really feels like a wood texture, not sure if it is. The titanium feels more grippy, a bit more rough.

I decided to install the mahogany one (since i wanted that texture on my moto x since its launch), and saved the other one in case the mahogany one wears out.
Installing is fairly easy and definitely forgiving (I had to do it three times because of my clumsy hands, and the glue didn't seem to be affected).
The edges feel a bit rough on the hand. It doesn't seem to add a significant bulk, doesn't feel wider, but it definitely feels nice on the hands (aside from the rough edges), has a bit more grip overall.
Oh, and i can still put cases on it (that was one of my fear when I bought them)

In conclusion, the skins definitely look good, feel really premium and add more grip to the device.
My moto X never looked so good, I really like the skins overall quality.
I'll leave a couple of badly taken pictures (I'm not great at taking photos:p) to give you guys an idea of how they look.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

V.

IMG_20150110_212716.jpg

IMG_20150109_193115.jpg

View attachment 158667

Attachments

• IMG_20150110_220003.jpg
    IMG_20150110_220003.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 42

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Nice write up and photos. I was looking at these myself. Do you have any close shots of the edges so I can get a better idea of how much coverage they provide?

Can you also elaborate on the rough edges? How do you think these would hold up without a case?

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Nice write up and photos. I was looking at these myself. Do you have any close shots of the edges so I can get a better idea of how much coverage they provide?

Can you also elaborate on the rough edges? How do you think these would hold up without a case?

Thank you sixty

I don't have any photos of the edges but I'll take them tomorrow and post them
The texture of the skin itself is really nice, but you can feel that the skin was cut off. So if you. Touch the back of the phone you can notice where the skin starts and where it ends.

I honestly think this are for pure esthetic pleasure, so I don't think it would protect the phone from falling damage. That being said, I guess you could say it would protect it from scratches, since it covers the phone.
I think that if you put a nice glass cover it would hold great. I actually plan to use it "naked", and only use a case if I'm going somewhere it could fall easier

I hope I made it clearer for you.
Greetings!

Posted via the Android Central App

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Here are some photos of the edges

V.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 233.jpg
    233.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 33
  • 231.jpg
    231.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 230.jpg
    230.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 33

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Great photos, thanks! I was looking at these skins as well as Slickwraps products. Slickwraps decals wrap around the edges but they look trickier to fit. Thanks again.

DrakeTheNate

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I also live in Mexico and was considering getting one of the skins, and I was wondering, how much time did the package take to arrive??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma