I want lollipop already

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The two most popular dashcam apps both cause random reboots on the Moto X since the 4.4.4 update. I'm hoping lollipop fixes that.

kansashokie

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I wanted it too but then i got it on my nexus 7. It pretty much made it useless with how slow and choppy it runs now. The battery life is also horrible. My moto x stills runs android 4.4.2 (us cellular never got the 4.4.4 update) and I am in no hurry. I am in favor of giving motorolla all the time they need to work out all the bugs.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, I prefer the current notification system, as it is less intrusive. I installed Nova and used the lollipop theme, and my phone currently looks like Lollipop except the nav bar and notifications menu. I am comfortable with that for the time. Google and everyone else seems to be updating their apps quite quickly. Lollipop can take as long as needs for bugs to be ironed out.

jmcp4372

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've played with it on my GFs Nexus 4. It will take some getting used to (and this thread will likely explode).

Her review: "I hate it, I can't do what I used to do."

Posted via Android Central App

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thought I wanted it, too - until I read numerous reviews about how it slowed down people's phones. No thanks, I'll stick with Kit Kat.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had Lollypop on my Nexus 10 since it was available. It runs smooth as silk & looks nice. I've only experienced one bug. If my tablet was off when charging, then I unplugged it & immediately turned it on, audio would not work. If I waited about 15 seconds after disconnecting the charger to turn it on it was fine. 5.02 fixed that. To be quite honest, I'm not really missing lollypop on my Moto X. I really like the X just the way it is. I use Nova Launcher Prime with Lollypop theme on it anyway, so it looks very similar to my N10. I know many people are super excited about Lollypop on the X. From how it runs on my N10 I'm sure it will run smooth on the X too. But, its not a massive "upgrade" in my opinion. This is the first time I'm not salivating to get the latest update on my phone. Kit Kat is really good!

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I was dying for Lollipop on my Moto X, but then I got it on my Nexus 7 LTE this morning. So far, it's not really that big of a deal. I can certainly wait for it to hit my Moto X.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Wonder which build we will get.
I would think 5.1, but who knows.
5.11....hope not 5.0?
Unless Google really messed up 5.1, of course.
Seems like Google threw a half-baked Lollipop out the door.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
How did Lollipop kill anyone's Nexus 7 (2012)? Mine was already dead long before Lollipop. I couldn't stand using it for anything other than watching videos. It was so slow that I just gave it away early last year.

I have Lollipop on my Nexus 4 that I just use on Wi-Fi and I have no issues with it. I'd love to have the same experience on my Moto X.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
How did Lollipop kill anyone's Nexus 7 (2012)? Mine was already dead long before Lollipop. I couldn't stand using it for anything other than watching videos. It was so slow that I just gave it away early last year.

I have Lollipop on my Nexus 4 that I just use on Wi-Fi and I have no issues with it. I'd love to have the same experience on my Moto X.

I'm wondering the same think about people with N7 and Lollipop. I have it on my 2012 N7 and it has been fine. Haven't seen any issues with it and it actually improved it a bit. Prior to Lollipop my N7 was slow to the point I rarely used it as all it did was frustrate the hell out of me. It also needed a reboot about every 2 hours, which was a pain [language removed] when I was using it tethered to my Moto X 2013 for navigation on a cross country trip.

Post Lollipop is seems much more responsive and I haven't had any need to reboot it on a regular basis. Granted, I haven't driven cross country and been using it for Nav for hours at a time since then, but it does seem much better so I'm a bit perplexed by people complaining about their N7 after getting Lollipop

Last edited by a moderator:

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I have it on my 2012 N7. When I first downloaded 5.0 it was BAD. In fact it was unusable. 5.0.2 fixed that problem and now it's silky smooth.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Whatever happened to all those pre-release claims that 5.0 would work well on even low-end devices? All the reports of performance on Nexus hardware are disheartening.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been in the camp that I'd rather see a smooth rollout than get an early, bug filled release, but this is getting ridiculous. If Sammy can put out the update for their bloated touchwiz devices, there is no reason it should take so long for Motorola to do it for the lean skinned '13 X. It certainly doesn't inspire me to make my next phone a Motorola.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781