Is my Moto X 2013 SIM unlocked?

PaWight

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Moto X directly from Motorola for use on Sprint. It was my understanding that doing so would give me an unlocked phone. I activated it locally about this time last year on a new Sprint account . Now I'll be spending several weeks in Europe and would like to just use a pay-as-you-go plan while there. Shouldn't my phone already be unlocked for use on any GSM or CDMA carrier world wide by just putting in their SIM?

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Moto X from Motorola for use on Sprint. Like most Sprint phones, it was locked when I got it. I asked Sprint to unlock it for international use. After making me jump through some hoops, they did so.

It was a little unnerving going to Europe with it, because there was no way for me to test that it was unlocked. (It still locks out other US carriers.) But it worked fine.

I don't think CDMA is transferable among carriers. But my phone is now unlocked for all non-US GSM service. I just bought a SIM and popped it in the phone.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
As said, out of the box, the Sprint X (XT1056) is SIM Locked. With a phone call, Sprint can Sim Unlock for international use, IF you meet their criteria.

There is a thread on XDA Forums on how to SIM unlock the Sprint XT1056 and Republic Wireless XT1049 for both domestic and international use. (no call to sprint needed).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX