08-16-2015 07:30 PM
298 ... 89101112
tools
    You can have the unlocked edition on AT&T.
    How about Verizon? Can you have the unlocked version on Verizon?

Just curious.

Cindy
    Ry likes this.
    06-24-2015 05:12 PM
    How about Verizon? Can you have the unlocked version on Verizon?

Just curious.

Cindy
    You can't.
    06-24-2015 05:37 PM
    You can't.
    Damn! Was hoping for a different answer there. Just my luck.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    06-24-2015 06:08 PM
    It's a software issue with the voice recorder app. If you record video, the audio is fine - so this verifies it is not a hardware issue. The voice recorder app may be utilizing the incorrect microphone on the Moto X..
    Hmm but I've also made various calls to people and they all say I sound far away from the phone(just like how the recording sounds) when I'm handling the phone like a normal phone call
    06-24-2015 08:21 PM
    You can have the unlocked edition on AT&T.
    Yes, this device is an XT1053 that my wife gave me when I gave her my OPO. It got the Lollipop update whereas my XT1058 did not, so I'm using it while I wait so I can test the software. It's a sign of my enthusiasm that I'm willing to use my wife's old phone as it's got a purple back with her name engraved in it. lol
    06-25-2015 09:51 AM
    That's stock Lollipop's Ambient Display. If you turn that off (Settings - > Device - > Display - >Ambient Display) then go to Settings - > Device - >Moto and select "Display" in that screen, you can set up to use Moto Active Display. That will remove the constant notification on your lockscreen

Posted via the Android Central App
    I checked and I did have Ambient Display off and Moto Display on already. I wonder what's going on?
    06-25-2015 10:04 AM
    Still waiting on Verizon. I swear, they are the slowest carrier at getting updates out.
    06-25-2015 04:09 PM
    Still waiting on Verizon. I swear, they are the slowest carrier at getting updates out.
    Not necessarily true.

AT&T, Sprint, and US Cellular have not rolled out Lollipop updates for the first gen Moto X either.
    Rocketsaucev2 likes this.
    06-25-2015 04:27 PM
    Not necessarily true.

AT&T, Sprint, and US Cellular have not rolled out Lollipop updates for the first gen Moto X either.
    I agree with you on this one but I think that people are getting restless because we've been waiting so long for this Lollipop update.

I think I've been pretty patient so far but I'm getting anxious to get this update on my phone. I'm hoping that we get it before the 4th of July weekend personally. Got a three day weekend for the holiday and that would give me more time to play around with it before going back to work.

Cindy

06-25-2015 08:16 PM
    I agree with you on this one but I think that people are getting restless because we've been waiting so long for this Lollipop update.

I think I've been pretty patient so far but I'm getting anxious to get this update on my phone. I'm hoping that we get it before the 4th of July weekend personally. Got a three day weekend for the holiday and that would give me more time to play around with it before going back to work.

Cindy

I've out it in perspective in the DROID TURBO thread.

When the Moto X first came out, it was Motorola's focus. Now we have first and second generations of the Moto X, G, and E and all the regional and carrier variants of each phone.

The first gen Moto X is not the top priority it once was. As an example specific to Verizon, the Moto E for Verizon's prepaid service has received an update from 5.0 to 5.1.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    06-25-2015 08:24 PM
    I've out it in perspective in the DROID TURBO thread.

When the Moto X first came out, it was Motorola's focus. Now we have first and second generations of the Moto X, G, and E and all the regional and carrier variants of each phone.

The first gen Moto X is not the top priority it once was. As an example specific to Verizon, the Moto E for Verizon's prepaid service has received an update from 5.0 to 5.1.

My boss and his wife both have the Droid Turbo and they haven't received the Lollipop update which shocks me because that was the big flagship phone a few months ago through Verizon Wireless when she upgraded their phones. At least there's some hope that we'll eventually be getting this.

I told my boss that when it does roll out to his phone, it would definitely be worth it for him and his wife to go ahead and take the upgrade. From what I've seen when I was running CM12.1, I believe that there are some things in Lollipop that I really think both of them will definitely like.

Here's hoping that this rolls out soon.

Cindy

06-25-2015 08:39 PM
    Not necessarily true.
    Definitely not true.
    When this phone came out, they pushed the updates as quickly as they liked.
    Verizon had not changed from before that point and it hasn't "changed back".

Moto, under Google, made the original Moto X a serious priority and it's older phones a somewhat priority.
    KitKat was easier to build, so the environment was ripe for a company that was determined to push.
    This Moto is not so focused on updates now and Lollipop is resistant and buggy enough that OEMs are in no rush to push.
    06-26-2015 09:09 AM
    Definitely not true.
    When this phone came out, they pushed the updates as quickly as they liked.
    Verizon had not changed from before that point and it hasn't "changed back".

Moto, under Google, made the original Moto X a serious priority and it's older phones a somewhat priority.
    KitKat was easier to build, so the environment was ripe for a company that was determined to push.
    This Moto is not so focused on updates now and Lollipop is resistant and buggy enough that OEMs are in no rush to push.
    To me, getting the prepaid Moto E for Verizon from 5.0 to 5.1 makes it seem like Motorola is still focused on updates. Lollipop is just a bigger jump vs Jelly Bean to KitKat and KitKat to KitKat.
    cindylike24 likes this.
    06-26-2015 01:28 PM
    To me, getting the prepaid Moto E for Verizon from 5.0 to 5.1 makes it seem like Motorola is still focused on updates. Lollipop is just a bigger jump vs Jelly Bean to KitKat and KitKat to KitKat.
    Yes, that's kind of my point. Motorola is still focused on updates, but only for whatever is the phone of the moment.
    They're proving that they can still indeed push updates on Verizon however quickly they like.

Back when the 2013 Moto X came out, a lot of folks who felt burned by slow updates of Moto phones that were more than a few months old said "No way, they will not update this phone later"
    Moto claimed that they had changed and that updating all phones was going to be a priority for them going forward.
    That all seemed a reality under Google, but all those who said that Lenovo would not keep this as a priority were right.

If updates were a big priority to me, there's no way I would be considering Moto for my next phone.
    Is Droid Mini even going to get Lollipop?
    06-26-2015 04:53 PM
    Yes, that's kind of my point. Motorola is still focused on updates, but only for whatever is the phone of the moment.
    They're proving that they can still indeed push updates on Verizon however quickly they like.

Back when the 2013 Moto X came out, a lot of folks who felt burned by slow updates of Moto phones that were more than a few months old said "No way, they will not update this phone later"
    Moto claimed that they had changed and that updating all phones was going to be a priority for them going forward.
    That all seemed a reality under Google, but all those who said that Lenovo would not keep this as a priority were right.

If updates were a big priority to me, there's no way I would be considering Moto for my next phone.
    Is Droid Mini even going to get Lollipop?
    ..but the 2013 Moto X was the phone of that moment....

All generations of Moto X, G, and E are getting Lollipop if they haven't already. The DROID MINI, ULTRA, MAXX, and TURBO are still going to get it too.
    06-26-2015 05:21 PM
    Is Lollipop coming to Verizon? In my settings --> About Phone --> System Updates, it says that a system update is available and I should click it to update, but when I do, nothing happens.
    06-28-2015 11:03 AM
    Is Lollipop coming to Verizon? In my settings --> About Phone --> System Updates, it says that a system update is available and I should click it to update, but when I do, nothing happens.
    Is it this recent update? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=534153

06-28-2015 11:14 AM
    Nope that's the version currently installed.

Hm still says there's an update available and to click on it to update it, but when I click on it, it says my software is up to date. Probably just a false alarm or something then.
    06-28-2015 01:20 PM
    There was an update about a month ago for 911 stuff. Lot's of folks had problems with the update persistently showing up. A reboot sometimes fixes that. Eventually the prompt goes away.
    06-28-2015 01:28 PM
    Do I need to have the SIM card in the phone to receive the Lollipop update? I have the AT&T model and it's not my current daily driver.

Thanks for any comments.

-Rich
    06-29-2015 01:45 PM
    Do I need to have the SIM card in the phone to receive the Lollipop update? I have the AT&T model and it's not my current daily driver.

Thanks for any comments.

-Rich
    I've found it to be hit or miss.

My Verizon DROID BIONIC has received updates without active service. My prepaid Verizon Moto G has received updates without active service. But I've seen posts here (I think it was a Sprint Moto X) about inactive devices not getting an update.
    06-29-2015 02:52 PM
    Nope that's the version currently installed.

Hm still says there's an update available and to click on it to update it, but when I click on it, it says my software is up to date. Probably just a false alarm or something then.
    Mine does the same thing. Weird.

06-30-2015 06:55 PM
    Got updates to Motorola Update Services and Motorola Boot Services today. Hopefully that's a sign that it's coming soon. I have Verizon by the way.

06-30-2015 08:15 PM
    Anybody know yet when at&t will release yet?

06-30-2015 08:23 PM
    https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchust...ts/LbTwronL8Gc

Here is an update on the Android 5.1 Lollipop upgrades for Moto X (1st Gen)
    *- We are ready to enter Verizon labs next week to start their approval process
    *- We entered AT&T labs last week, waiting for their approval
    *- We are still in soak testing in India, we are investigating a potential issue and want to make sure we understand it fully before moving forward. Should have more details in a couple days.
    Laura Knotek and dmark44 like this.
    06-30-2015 08:57 PM
298 ... 89101112