08-16-2015 08:30 PM
298 ... 9101112
tools
    I've found it to be hit or miss.

My Verizon DROID BIONIC has received updates without active service. My prepaid Verizon Moto G has received updates without active service. But I've seen posts here (I think it was a Sprint Moto X) about inactive devices not getting an update.
    Easy to believe, 'cause their active phones don't get it either
    07-06-2015 04:51 PM
    My AT&T branded 2013 Moto X currently residing on Cricket is downloading the update now.
    07-08-2015 08:27 AM
    My AT&T update is installing right now on my Moto X 2013. Wish me luck! It took from 10.45p to 8.45a to download with two restarts.
    07-08-2015 08:55 AM
    Anyone on Verizon get the update yet?
    07-12-2015 07:45 AM
    Anyone on Verizon get the update yet?
    If the report from Moto on where they are testing is correct,
    And
    If Verizon works as fast as AT&T did, we should see a soak next week or the week after

Those are big Ifs. A week ago, they said they were already testing in AT&T and were ready to go into Verizon to test. Being ready to go into Verizon and having already been welcomed in are two different things.
    07-12-2015 02:36 PM
    Still waiting fro the Verizon update. I'm beginning to think that I will be on to my next phone before the update reaches me
    07-13-2015 12:55 PM
    If the report from Moto on where they are testing is correct,
    And
    If Verizon works as fast as AT&T did, we should see a soak next week or the week after

Those are big Ifs. A week ago, they said they were already testing in AT&T and were ready to go into Verizon to test. Being ready to go into Verizon and having already been welcomed in are two different things.
    Thank you for the reply. I feel like we've been told there will be a soak test soon for months now. I'm sure it's not as easy as we would like it to be and I certainly don't want the update if there are issues. I guess I wish they didn't give any feedback about where they are in the process because there are too many variables that can hold it up.

I'll be on a cruise soon for 9 days so I won't have any service during that time. Maybe i'll be surprised when I come back.
    07-13-2015 02:24 PM
    I know we will get Lollipop, probably not M though. But, my Moto X which I got just after launch, still works flawlessly. I've always kept it in a case & a screen protector, so it still looks almost new. Unless the next generation of the Moto X knocks it out of the park, I will be keeping my Moto X until the next Nexus comes out. If the next Nexus is not desirable to me, I guess my trusty Moto X will continue riding in my pocket for a while longer. This is the first phone I've ever owned that makes me like it on a daily basis even after almost 2 years.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    bc2k, ScottMGS, seanubis and 3 others like this.
    07-13-2015 02:27 PM
    I haven't been paying close attention, but I"m not really super excited by Lollipop. It seems it has a bit of WindowMe vibe about it. I hope I'm wrong, but even the new icons seem dumb.
    PapaGary likes this.
    07-14-2015 01:59 PM
    I know we will get Lollipop, probably not M though. But, my Moto X which I got just after launch, still works flawlessly. I've always kept it in a case & a screen protector, so it still looks almost new. Unless the next generation of the Moto X knocks it out of the park, I will be keeping my Moto X until the next Nexus comes out. If the next Nexus is not desirable to me, I guess my trusty Moto X will continue riding in my pocket for a while longer. This is the first phone I've ever owned that makes me like it on a daily basis even after almost 2 years.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Same here, though my VZW Motomaker X1 isn't as old, it's still working tremendously well and I can still squeeze more than a day's use out of a battery charge (with moderate use). I also have a Developer Edition that I had rooted and now have put back into a state ready for an OTA update. I'll see how 5.1 works on the stock version first, but if it goes well I can still seeing myself using this device at year's end, unless the X3 turns out to be a compelling replacement. If Lollipop isn't so great, then I'll see about a ROM for the DE model.
    07-15-2015 02:37 PM
    I also agree. My (T-Mob) MotoX in its bumper and screen protector has been a gem, and continues to be with Lollipop. I'm in no rush to replace it, but I'll look into the next Nexus and the next Moto X and whatever comes unlocked with "M". I like the size, and that will be hard to match.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-2015 02:42 PM
    Anyone else's moto WiFi not working well . or is it just me and my WiFi connection?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-22-2015 11:57 PM
    Anyone else's moto WiFi not working well . or is it just me and my WiFi connection?

I haven't noticed any difference with WiFi on mine running Lollipop than when it ran KitKat.
    07-23-2015 12:08 AM
    I guess it's my crappy AT&T uverse

07-23-2015 12:09 AM
    I guess it's my crappy AT&T uverse

Have you had WiFi problems besides at your house? Have you tried at your office, at a store or restaurant (Starbucks, McDonald's), at a library?
    07-23-2015 12:18 AM
    My problem is fixed for the time being. Just had to plug out and in my modem

07-23-2015 12:24 AM
    Im waiting too
    07-26-2015 08:04 AM
    My contract is up on August 29, and I'm 99% sure I'll be getting an iPhone 6s Plus. I'll probably have that iPhone before my Moto X has Lollipop. I used to be patient, but I just don't want to have to deal with this anymore.
    07-26-2015 11:28 PM
    I too am thinking of making a switch to Apple. I am guessing the new iPhones come out Sept/Oct. My contract comes up in Oct and I am betting Lollipop still wont be released to my Verizon phone.
    diablo9 likes this.
    07-27-2015 01:10 AM
    To be clear: lack of a timely update to Lollipop is not my main reason for switching to an iPhone. There are multiple reasons. It certainly doesn't help me stay with Android, though.
    07-27-2015 02:59 AM
    For me it's a combination of things, like aftermarket accessories seem more abundant for iPhones. But the android update delays each year has made me think about switching.
    07-27-2015 03:28 PM
    I've had this phone for almost a year now. I've just recently got lollipop on it, Now like some of you guys I'm going to jump ship to ios. IPhone 6s plus here I come!

07-27-2015 03:30 PM
    Which phone do you have and curious why the (possible) switch.
    07-27-2015 03:34 PM
    Me? The 2013 Moto X

07-27-2015 03:36 PM
    Dont be very happy for lollipop cause the first some updates if lollipop have been bad , everyone has issues with them , some phone go low ob battery , some dont open camera , some phones' camera flashes dont work , so better wait for the further lollipop updates . Even if they dont come , stay happy in kitkat !
    07-28-2015 05:58 AM
298 ... 9101112