Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop Update News

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: The next announcement on Lollipop

Actually, NOT a soak test...

Per Moto Matt's post titled "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Motorola Feedback Network - and more!" sez...

"Are there beta testing opportunities through the MFN?"

"Yes. We do at times use MFN members for actual beta testing, we call it "TestDrive". These are longer activities and the members may see multiple versions of the software, helping us get to the soak version. This is an invitation-only opportunity and we prefer to use MFN members who have a good history of participation in soaks and other MFN activities. Because it is true beta testing, it carries a bit more risk (and is a bit more fun)."

<Bold is mine>

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: The next announcement on Lollipop

Testdrive is longer than a soak.
...more than a couple of weeks.
At least imho.
Either way it's good news.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop News

I have been getting lots of app updates lately. Four from Google. Is that a sign?

It's a sign that developers have been busy fixing bugs and adding features. Play Store app updates, especially ones NOT from Motorola, won't signal anything related to a specific device.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

The first gen Moto G just got the update. Oh wait....that's right. I have a Moto X.

When I was a kid I used to visit my grandparents. They used to keep a jar with lollipops, pinwheels, and butterscotch candy. And every time they gave me one, the wrapper was somehow infused to the candy. That's kinda how I feel about the Moto X. I'll end up with some lollipop that was supposed to be had months ago.

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

The first gen Moto G just got the update. Oh wait....that's right. I have a Moto X.

When I was a kid I used to visit my grandparents. They used to keep a jar with lollipops, pinwheels, and butterscotch candy. And every time they gave me one, the wrapper was somehow infused to the candy. That's kinda how I feel about the Moto X. I'll end up with some lollipop that was supposed to be had months ago.

Just as long as the lollipop we get is fully baked for the X is all I care about.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

At this rate, I'm probably going to hit my upgrade date before Moto and VZW can get Lollipop ready for my Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I got a soak test email for my 2013 moto x on Verizon just now. Might be coming out soon.

DunkingBird

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Just now I decided to check my phone for system updates, because my Galaxy Tab S told me it had an update last night and I thought, "what the heck?" To my surprise, my Moto X checked and found a system update! So it went through the whole process, downloaded, applied patches to apps (supposedly), etc. After it rebooted I checked to see what version I was on, and the update screen now reads "Update deferred", and where it says to tap to finish the update, it just responds "No update is available." Hmm....

But maybe it's close, at least?

EDIT: NVM, just a bug fix update, finally finished about 15 minutes after it started. Still on 4.4.4

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Just checked for an update, and my phone said an update was available. It downloaded, rebooted, and came up with 4.4.4 again.212.666.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US I don't know if this is different than what it was before (I was up to date)

sethm1

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

RE: the 212.166.3.ghost_verizon update.
One article I found indicated it was a bug to fix 911 calls.

True or not, any so called update at this point that is not Lollipop just seems like a carrot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs