08-16-2015 07:30 PM
298 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Hey guys, on your moto x, when you use a voice recorder app, is the volume of the sound extremely low compared to other devices?

I just got my moto x recently and this is bugging me, is it a software or hardware issue? if it is a hardware issue should i return the phone as it may affect the quality of my phone calls too?(haven't made a phone call yet, getting my nano SIM soon) if it's a software issue do you guys think they will fix it in the lollipop update?
    06-09-2015 04:35 AM
    https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchust...ts/ETpoNrkmmrA

I wanted to give a quick update on where we are with the Lollipop upgrades for the 2013 Moto X (1st Gen) devices.

We have started full soak testing in France and Germany retail this week with the expectation of full deployment next week if all goes well.

In addition, we have addressed an issue we found in a previous soak test and should start full soak testing in the US and Brazil for retail later this week. If all goes well, full deployment can happen the following week.

There were some questions about support for Lollipop upgrades from our carrier channels. We are in a number of the carrier labs now so we don't anticipate issues in getting the upgrades deployed. As you guys know.... the carrier channels typically take longer.
    06-09-2015 03:52 PM
    I heard last night the soak for US retail/tmobile versions were starting to get their invites.
    06-11-2015 06:36 AM
    I am in US. I can't find a Motorola Update Services app on phone or play store. I have 1st gen Verizon Moto X DE XT1060.

Edit: I found it under my apps > all . Silly me. I thought I would find it if I used search or if I looked in installed apps. Weird. Still getting used to this Android thing.
    06-11-2015 01:41 PM
    Do you think the Droid Maxx will get it soon? It's basically the same exact phone except for screen and battery size.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    06-12-2015 12:47 PM
    I have no idea but would guess it's not too far away. You can ask @MotorolaMobility in twitter.
    06-12-2015 03:11 PM
    Direct link to Motorola Update Services: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....ccc.ota&hl=en
    06-15-2015 12:44 PM
    Many thanks for the direct link to Motorla Update Services. I've got the most recent update, and am still not getting the 5.1 signal.
    06-15-2015 12:59 PM
    Many thanks for the direct link to Motorla Update Services. I've got the most recent update, and am still not getting the 5.1 signal.
    This won't automatically make 5.1 available to you.
    cindylike24 likes this.
    06-15-2015 05:30 PM
    I don't see anything that says update services. Should I be able to? I have Motorola Contextual Services which has the same icon as the app in the link. I did click on the click and updated the app but when I click on the download it doesn't bring me to that exact app.
    06-16-2015 11:00 AM
    I don't see anything that says update services. Should I be able to? I have Motorola Contextual Services which has the same icon as the app in the link. I did click on the click and updated the app but when I click on the download it doesn't bring me to that exact app.
    The app is called Motorola Update Services.
    06-16-2015 12:25 PM
    The app is called Motorola Update Services.
    You can type in Motorola Update Services into the Google Play Store to find it. Either that or look in the all apps tab in the Google Play Store. It is listed there and not in with the installed apps for some reason even though it is installed on your Motorola device. All that this app does is make it to where you will be able to download Lollipop when it's available for download for us.

Cindy
    06-16-2015 12:40 PM
    Either that or look in the all apps tab in the Google Play Store. It is listed there and not in with the installed apps for some reason even though it is installed on your Motorola device.
    Uh, mine is listed under My Apps>Installed.
    06-16-2015 02:36 PM
    Uh, mine is listed under My Apps>Installed.
    For some reason it isn't on mine even though this is installed on my phone. Never has been as long as I've had my Moto X. It's always been listed under My Apps>All Apps. I have no idea why it puts it there. All that I know is that it does. Causes too much stress to try and figure out just why it does that.
    06-16-2015 02:51 PM
    For some reason it isn't on mine even though this is installed on my phone. Never has been as long as I've had my Moto X. It's always been listed under My Apps>All Apps. I have no idea why it puts it there. All that I know is that it does. Causes too much stress to try and figure out just why it does that.
    Yes many of us did not have it under our "installed" apps and certainly not in the Google Play store. A quick perusal of this thread will confirm that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Ry and cindylike24 like this.
    06-16-2015 03:02 PM
    If I remember correctly... Motorola Update Services is a new name and replaces the app called MotorolaOTA, which is why it may not be showing up in your installed app list in the settings menu under the new name. Also, if an app is pre-installed and hasn't been updated thru the Play Store yet then it won't show up under My Apps.
    06-16-2015 03:23 PM
    Thank you all for the replies. It looks like it now shows up under apps>downloaded. What I did was click on the link to the play store from my computer. It said it was installed but I clicked on installed and it sent a download to my phone. So either it wasn't there before or it just wasn't showing but either way it's there now. Now we just have to hope we get the update soon but more importantly hope that it works!
    06-17-2015 09:04 AM
    A friend of mine got Lollipop on his phone, forget which, maybe a Samsung, and said it has been a nightmare. Will this update automatically or will we get to choose to install it? Nothing wrong w my X now and def want to hear the reports before updating.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-17-2015 10:47 PM
    A friend of mine got Lollipop on his phone, forget which, maybe a Samsung, and said it has been a nightmare. Will this update automatically or will we get to choose to install it? Nothing wrong w my X now and def want to hear the reports before updating.

Posted via Android Central App
    You know, if you want to try out Lollipop now, you can always download a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod 12.1 and see how you'll like it. It will give you a very good idea of what you'll more than likely get when the Lollipop finally does roll out to our Moto X smartphones. Sure, you'll have to set up everything on your phone again with the custom ROM but I did that a while back and it gave me a good idea of what it will be like when the LP update does roll out. From what I saw on that, I think our patience will be very well rewarded even though I'm perfectly happy with my Moto X on KitKat right now. I'll be even happier when the update does roll out to our phones though.
    06-18-2015 07:13 AM
    Just got the alert regarding a System Update for my T-Mobile Moto X. I'm downloading as we speak.
    06-20-2015 12:16 PM
    Got it just now. So now I'm looking for a document that describes all changes, MotoX specific, since Kit Kat. Any help?
    06-20-2015 12:58 PM
    Anyone on Verizon get it yet?
    06-20-2015 07:23 PM
    Anyone on Verizon get it yet?
    Nothing yet on my phone. Mine's on Straight Talk (Verizon Towers). Keeping my fingers crossed that it will come out soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" model using Tapatalk
    06-20-2015 07:42 PM
    It's up and running with nearly no problems. It seems to be a little bigger than KitKat, so I had to uninstall a few unused apps (16 GB 1st gen Moto X). Also I lost my old friend the Power Strip, but found a good replacement in the Play Store ("Powerful Control" by farproc). I use the trusted device and trusted location settings, and had to reset them, but everything got reset just fine. So far so good.
    06-20-2015 08:42 PM
    I have notably less lag and hanging from the network after Lollipop was installed. Very nice.
    06-21-2015 12:14 AM
298 ... 678910 ...