Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop Update News

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't see anything that says update services. Should I be able to? I have Motorola Contextual Services which has the same icon as the app in the link. I did click on the click and updated the app but when I click on the download it doesn't bring me to that exact app.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything that says update services. Should I be able to? I have Motorola Contextual Services which has the same icon as the app in the link. I did click on the click and updated the app but when I click on the download it doesn't bring me to that exact app.

The app is called Motorola Update Services.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

The app is called Motorola Update Services.

You can type in Motorola Update Services into the Google Play Store to find it. Either that or look in the all apps tab in the Google Play Store. It is listed there and not in with the installed apps for some reason even though it is installed on your Motorola device. All that this app does is make it to where you will be able to download Lollipop when it's available for download for us.

Cindy

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Uh, mine is listed under My Apps>Installed.

For some reason it isn't on mine even though this is installed on my phone. Never has been as long as I've had my Moto X. It's always been listed under My Apps>All Apps. I have no idea why it puts it there. All that I know is that it does. Causes too much stress to try and figure out just why it does that.

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
For some reason it isn't on mine even though this is installed on my phone. Never has been as long as I've had my Moto X. It's always been listed under My Apps>All Apps. I have no idea why it puts it there. All that I know is that it does. Causes too much stress to try and figure out just why it does that.

Yes many of us did not have it under our "installed" apps and certainly not in the Google Play store. A quick perusal of this thread will confirm that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

renzi555

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly... Motorola Update Services is a new name and replaces the app called MotorolaOTA, which is why it may not be showing up in your installed app list in the settings menu under the new name. Also, if an app is pre-installed and hasn't been updated thru the Play Store yet then it won't show up under My Apps.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies. It looks like it now shows up under apps>downloaded. What I did was click on the link to the play store from my computer. It said it was installed but I clicked on installed and it sent a download to my phone. So either it wasn't there before or it just wasn't showing but either way it's there now. Now we just have to hope we get the update soon but more importantly hope that it works!

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine got Lollipop on his phone, forget which, maybe a Samsung, and said it has been a nightmare. Will this update automatically or will we get to choose to install it? Nothing wrong w my X now and def want to hear the reports before updating.

Posted via Android Central App

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine got Lollipop on his phone, forget which, maybe a Samsung, and said it has been a nightmare. Will this update automatically or will we get to choose to install it? Nothing wrong w my X now and def want to hear the reports before updating.

Posted via Android Central App

You know, if you want to try out Lollipop now, you can always download a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod 12.1 and see how you'll like it. It will give you a very good idea of what you'll more than likely get when the Lollipop finally does roll out to our Moto X smartphones. Sure, you'll have to set up everything on your phone again with the custom ROM but I did that a while back and it gave me a good idea of what it will be like when the LP update does roll out. From what I saw on that, I think our patience will be very well rewarded even though I'm perfectly happy with my Moto X on KitKat right now. I'll be even happier when the update does roll out to our phones though.

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
It's up and running with nearly no problems. It seems to be a little bigger than KitKat, so I had to uninstall a few unused apps (16 GB 1st gen Moto X). Also I lost my old friend the Power Strip, but found a good replacement in the Play Store ("Powerful Control" by farproc). I use the trusted device and trusted location settings, and had to reset them, but everything got reset just fine. So far so good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie