08-16-2015 08:30 PM
298 123 ...
tools
    Any news or anything , are we gonna get it or not???

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-01-2015 05:34 AM
    Im tired of waiting too....maybe ill move for the moto x 2014 ..

03-01-2015 07:26 AM
    We even have it in Moto E now, its too unsatisfactory , they are not even clarifying any ETA for that ...

03-01-2015 10:39 AM
    I've been hearing the 20th.

Of never
    yscty and MoneyMike84 like this.
    03-01-2015 10:56 AM
    Why do we even need Lollipop, what's wrong with what we've got???

I'm happy with my KitKat, phone works like it is supposed to.....

Posted via Android Central App
    KWKSLVR and droidman2177 like this.
    03-01-2015 06:27 PM

The main reason I want LP is for Android Auto. I'm about the replace the head unit in a truck we use for pulling a travel trailer and want to put one of the units in that supports AA and the minimum OS version a phone needs to work with AA is 5.0
    03-01-2015 08:26 PM
    Moto x lollipop update? Is there or not

03-03-2015 10:14 AM

Seriously? Do we need a reason to want the latest update from Google? Stay with KitKat if you're happy with it. That'll be fine for a lot of MotoX users. For me...I bought the Developer Edition wanting the latest and greatest...and i'm not getting it.
    03-03-2015 02:41 PM
    I'm fine if they leave us on KK, though one of the selling points of the phone was that it should get quick updates since it's pretty much stock Android.

What I REALLY want are the enhancements they made to the Moto apps for the 2014 X and the Turbo, specifically the changes to Active Display. I KNOW there can't be a hardware reason they won't let us choose which notification we want to open when we have multiples, why can't we get that update?
    03-04-2015 08:25 AM
    I've got a feeling that the next news we will hear is that moto can't develop a satisfactory version of lollipop for the '13 X. They won't leave us completely high and dry, though. They'll offer some kind of voucher or rebate towards the 2014 X. I have zero facts to back me up, just a hunch. In the past moto has offered vouchers when not that old phones were not updated. And the new X is not selling well at all (I base this on the repeated promotions offered), so the cost for them is very low.
    Just seems like they should've had this out already. They are behind every other phone from the same time frame, when they should have been ahead. Clearly the issues with the chip set are too difficult to overcome.

03-04-2015 09:44 PM
    It won't be that they can't develop it - you can cram LolliFlop into a phone built for ICS. It's that they won't update phones of a certain level past a certain age. (Every manufacturer has its own tier structure and age per level.) They make more money selling you a phone at 50% off than they do by sending you a free update.
    03-05-2015 12:17 AM
    I'm holding out hope that Moto is going to go straight to 5.1 for the Moto X 2013 and that it will address all of the issues that surfaced in 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2.
    03-05-2015 12:27 AM
    i'm getting a little tired of waiting... guess will wait until April, but if lollipop is not released i will sell my moto x 2013 and buy Lg g3 or iphone 6.
    03-05-2015 06:51 AM
    I agree that Motorola would like to hold good on their promise to update the Flagship phone that put them back on the map. I am unfortunately through Sprint (best reception for where I live). In the past it seems to me that Sprint & Motorola have had a bad relationship, thus no 2014 Moto X available here. Motorola made, in my eyes, the best mobile phone I've ever used on the Sprint network in the last 16 years. Yes, 16 years on one network and I am sorry that you finally get a great device that does everything you want. Should I go with another network that drops you often & costs more? I hope Sprint gets their stuff together, I don't want to leave, especially now that I've added 3 more lines.
    03-05-2015 12:11 PM
    It won't be that they can't develop it - you can cram LolliFlop into a phone built for ICS. It's that they won't update phones of a certain level past a certain age. (Every manufacturer has its own tier structure and age per level.) They make more money selling you a phone at 50% off than they do by sending you a free update.
    No, that's not the issue with this phone. They've already said they plan to update it, but that they are having complications due to its unique chipset. I think at some point they will give up and decide it makes more sense to offer a discount on the poorly selling 2014 X of which they have plenty of stock.

03-05-2015 01:02 PM
    I agree that Motorola would like to hold good on their promise to update the Flagship phone that put them back on the map. I am unfortunately through Sprint (best reception for where I live). In the past it seems to me that Sprint & Motorola have had a bad relationship, thus no 2014 Moto X available here. Motorola made, in my eyes, the best mobile phone I've ever used on the Sprint network in the last 16 years. Yes, 16 years on one network and I am sorry that you finally get a great device that does everything you want. Should I go with another network that drops you often & costs more? I hope Sprint gets their stuff together, I don't want to leave, especially now that I've added 3 more lines.
    Maybe do some research into a MVNO that operates on the Sprint Network like Republic Wireless? I don't know much about them nor am I recommending them, but have read some good reviews on them and they do offer Moto X, both Gen 1 and 2. I'm on VZW currently, but might consider a switch.
    03-05-2015 01:41 PM
    Luciano again...neat gif and humor in the comments.

https://plus.google....sts/BDDjywheBy1
    03-05-2015 02:09 PM
    No, that's not the issue with this phone. They've already said they plan to update it, but that they are having complications due to its unique chipset. I think at some point they will give up and decide it makes more sense to offer a discount on the poorly selling 2014 X of which they have plenty of stock.

The problem with this prediction is that you assume there will be a large number of people who will be "demanding reparations" for what they see as a broken promise. And out of those users with this sense of entitlement, how many would be willing to buy further into a company they feel has slighted them?

I consider myself an Android enthusiast and feel safe in saying I get more out of and put more time into my phone than the average user. I wouldn't be heartbroken if L never made it since I'm happy with how KK is running right now. I wonder if the average X user will notice or be upset if L never happened.

There's always a chance we'll see more promotions for the X '14 but I doubt they'll be pitched as "Sorry about L on the '13, have a cheap '14 on us."
    03-05-2015 02:55 PM
    I'm quite surprised lollipop made it to a US note 3 faster than the 2013 x.
    03-05-2015 04:00 PM
    The problem with this prediction is that you assume there will be a large number of people who will be "demanding reparations" for what they see as a broken promise. And out of those users with this sense of entitlement, how many would be willing to buy further into a company they feel has slighted them?

I consider myself an Android enthusiast and feel safe in saying I get more out of and put more time into my phone than the average user. I wouldn't be heartbroken if L never made it since I'm happy with how KK is running right now. I wonder if the average X user will notice or be upset if L never happened.

There's always a chance we'll see more promotions for the X '14 but I doubt they'll be pitched as "Sorry about L on the '13, have a cheap '14 on us."
    I'm basing it on past actions of Motorola where they did the same thing when recently issued phones were not updated. And on the fact that they are running promotion after promotion (currently throwing in a $200 paired of headphones, for example) so it's not like it would really cost them much if anything to sell the 2014 to 2013 owners for cheap.

03-05-2015 08:04 PM
    Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I don't want a broken phone and mine is perfectly fine the way it is. If it lasts past my upgrade period, even better. I hope mine lasts until the next Moto X. I love skipping a generation.

I would rather Motorola break a promise than push broken software. I experienced that on my original Galaxy S and it SUCKED.

03-05-2015 11:08 PM
    I'm basing it on past actions of Motorola where they did the same thing when recently issued phones were not updated. And on the fact that they are running promotion after promotion (currently throwing in a $200 paired of headphones, for example) so it's not like it would really cost them much if anything to sell the 2014 to 2013 owners for cheap.

The Moto X '13 is my first Motorola phone so I'm not familiar with the company's history in terms of failed deliveries of updates. I didn't realize Motorola had set a precedent for your prediction. Thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, which orphaned phones did Motorola issue discounts on other models to appease users after failing to deliver an update?
    03-06-2015 12:41 AM
    Not a troll question, but is there anything on Lollipop that is a must-have? Sure, it's nice to say a phone has the latest iteration of the OS, but is the X-13 less of a phone because it is still is on Kit-Kat?

I'd like to be able to customize the "OK Google" phrase, but I'm not going to throw my phone on the corner because it's not available to me.
    bc2k, cindylike24, nemov and 1 others like this.
    03-06-2015 02:18 AM
    I'm coming from an Apple ecosystem so this upgrade thing seems pretty awful to me. I just expected that when Android was updated I'd get it on my phone. Had no idea about the staggered update cycle and some phones not getting it at all. Thus far though my Moto has been a great phone and has been fairly trouble free. Every bit as reliable as my iPhone and way more configurable. Lollipop would be nice to have and if Motorola doesn't deliver on it it's a shame for them. I'd think that a flagship company like Motorola could release at least one operating system update to it's phones before orphaning them.

This could spell trouble for them as the Chinese are already starting to make some inroads into the US market with high quality phones at bargain basement prices. They are also promising updates to Lolipop as well. I predict in 2 years the US market is going to be flooded with inexpensive Chinese phones and Motorola and others will be hard pressed to keep up.
    03-06-2015 10:59 AM
    The Moto X '13 is my first Motorola phone so I'm not familiar with the company's history in terms of failed deliveries of updates. I didn't realize Motorola had set a precedent for your prediction. Thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity, which orphaned phones did Motorola issue discounts on other models to appease users after failing to deliver an update?
    http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...get-jelly-bean

03-06-2015 02:25 PM
298 123 ...