How can I install a Windows usb modem driver on my Moto X?

A

AC Question

Windows usb modem driver for Moto X

I want to use the Windows dialer on my PC to push a number to my Moto X running Android 4.4.4 via a USB modem driver because I make a lot of calls from my Windows-based CRM program. I do not care about tethering an internet connection. I'm using an unlocked AT&T phone with service from StraightTalk. I understand that checking "USB tethering" in Android Settings, will cause the Windows modem driver to be automatically installed, but when I check it, Android starts "checking subscription status" then displays the Network Connection error, "Your phone cannot currently connect to AT&T's server. Internet connection is not available or weak... Please try again later." What APN provisioning or other solution will allow me to install a Windows USB modem driver for this phone and push phone numbers to it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows usb modem driver for Moto X

Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry that I don't have a clue as to how to answer your question directly--but would it be an option for you to make the call directly from your computer using something like Hangouts, which can call any number over wi-fi?

Doug Dinnsen

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows usb modem driver for Moto X

I don't always have wifi and even when I do that would slow me down so I would prefer to use the other solution if I had it available. I often have a list of 50 or 60 cost to make.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital