Moto X (1st gen): What is the best way to block the Android Lollipop update?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I already have a Moto X 2014 -- I have all the Lollipop I need. It turns out that Lollipop broke an app on my Moto X 2014, and I still use the app every night on my old Moto X 2013.

The Moto X 2013 is not connected to Verizon. The Moto X 2013 only uses WiFi.

I'd like to allow apps to continue to update via WiFi, but is there a way to block the OS from updating via WiFi, too?

Thank you.

alexfisher

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Way to Block the Lollipop Update?

I may be mistaken, but I believe that the update has to be initiated by the user (i. e., you). So you would have to give the OS software permission to install on your device. Basically: If you don't want it, don't install it.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

That's probably true. I guess the next question is ... is there a way to prevent the upgrade notification from appearing constantly?

Just a minor inconvenience. Thanks.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Pull down the notification tray and long press on the notification for the OS update. Tap on app info. Uncheck box for show notifications.

Posted via the Android Central App

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

Pull down the notification tray and long press on the notification for the OS update. Tap on app info. Uncheck box for show notifications.

Posted via the Android Central App
Thanks, ET. Didn't know that was possible. Will try it when the time comes.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, ET. Didn't know that was possible. Will try it when the time comes.

You're welcome TB! I wondered the same thing a couple of months ago when I didn't want to take Lollipop on my N7 2012 and somewhere else I read a similar post, so I'm just passing that little tip along.