Moto X (1st gen): Motorola Update Services (Preparing for Lollipop)?

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Lollipop is coming to the X?

ad5cdece183c894feca94df02e743df1.jpg

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto Update Services

Luciano congratulated Michelle Gattuso on the release of Moto's updated Gallery App and added this...

"if you're an owner of the original Moto X, get that Motorola Update Services app up-to-date, you'll need it when the OTA push comes. :)

gosh, where is that Ron Paul "it's happening" gif? :)"

And the first Comment was this link: http://imgur.com/7drHiqr

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

It was already updated on mine,I checked after viewing this thread. I am on vzw

Also on VZW but checking Play Store for updates wouldn't find it, searching the Play Store on the device wouldn't find it but searching for the app name on the laptop *DID* find it and installation went normally.

Methinks that app is made available on the device by a sort of IMEI numbers and perhaps by variant ID since we heard that the soak was for the Retail variant.

BTW, re my earlier post, the name of the app that it replaces was MotorolaOTA .

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Odd, clicking the link to the app in the previous post, it tells me that the app is installed. If I look in My Apps on the device (in the Play Store app), I don't see it. The app the link posted above tells me it was last updated in Dec. last year.

When I click on the "Installed" button in the browser-based Play Store, it tells me it was last used TODAY.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Odd, clicking the link to the app in the previous post, it tells me that the app is installed. If I look in My Apps on the device (in the Play Store app), I don't see it. The app the link posted above tells me it was last updated in Dec. last year.

When I click on the "Installed" button in the browser-based Play Store, it tells me it was last used TODAY.

When you open the Play Store App>My Apps>All
Do you see it there ?

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It was, quite literally, the LAST item in the list. I wish there was a way to sort or search that list.

I know what you mean on that. I wish that there was a way that they could list the apps in alphabetical order so it would be easier to locate (especially in the All Apps section of the Play Store).

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just like cindylike24, mine aren't alphabetical. There's seemingly no organization to the list.
In my case :
In the play store app> my apps >under installed mine are in alphabetical order(except with the recent updated at the top), Under the > play store> my apps> under all ..they are not in alphabetical order

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In my case :
In the play store app> my apps >under installed mine are in alphabetical order(except with the recent updated at the top), Under the > play store> my apps> under all ..they are not in alphabetical order

Mine is the same. In my complaint above, the app I was looking for was under Play Store > My Apps > All, which CAN'T be re-sorted or filtered/searched.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, senior moment.

Correction: Google play> My Apps> Installed are listed in alphabetical order. Google play> My apps> All are not (they appear to be listed in order in which they were installed, or maybe updated). In Google play> My apps> All Motorola Update Services is at the top.

Last edited: