I have to say that so far I like it. I'm coming from a Nexus 5. Some may say it's a downgrade specs wise, and technically it is, but I have always been jealous of the hands free stuff the X can do. And to me, features are more important than raw power. I'm not a hardcore cell phone user to begin with as far as games, multitasking, photos, so the X for me, fits the bill.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the Nexus 5 and its raw speed and ease of customization. (and OIS was nice) If you could combine the Nexus 5 with the X's features, it would be perfect. But there is no perfect cell phone, so I decided I would go for the features I would actually use, and give up a little speed wise and no OIS. I go through cell phones about every 6 months, so this is definitely not a long term solution for me. Just wanted to try it for a while. So far I'm pleased. It's a good solid performer with features I wish other companies would adopt.
    imurrx and ElronTheElder like this.
    03-22-2015 09:00 PM
    I have to say, this thought has crossed my mind once or twice. I love my Nexus 5, but sometimes the battery life makes me want a different phone.

The 2013 Moto X was always a target for criticism when it came to its "midrange" specs, but reviewers always pointed out that the software optimization for the hardware made its performance far better than the specs would suggest. Can you tell any real difference in performance between the X and the N5?
    03-23-2015 02:58 AM
    Have been using my OG Moto X for the last couple of weeks, It still feels great in hand.
    Not giving up a whole lot with features or speed-wise and with ongoing soak test Lollipop is just around the corner.
    Camera is it's weak point; Don't know how much software can improve it's 10 mp hardware functionality.
    Have taken some great pictures with it so it's not terrible. Just others have much better HW/software now.
    It's over 1.5 years old. For technology those are dog years.
    While I'm not a heavy user it lasts me over a full day on battery.
    Bottom line: OG X is still a fabulous phone, fully capable of being a great daily driver.
    Ed Briggs likes this.
    03-23-2015 07:20 AM
    I have to say, this thought has crossed my mind once or twice. I love my Nexus 5, but sometimes the battery life makes me want a different phone.

The 2013 Moto X was always a target for criticism when it came to its "midrange" specs, but reviewers always pointed out that the software optimization for the hardware made its performance far better than the specs would suggest. Can you tell any real difference in performance between the X and the N5?
    The Nexus 5 is a little snappier, but not by a lot. But the X has more practical functionality for me. I'm not a power user, so specs don't mean a lot to me. It runs great and does what I need it to do.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:34 PM