Is MMS Notification Possible with WiFi Only?

rcxtra

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Moto X this week (1'st smartphone for me).
AT&T XT1058 locked 4.4.4 on Consumer Cellular (which is basically AT&T)

I have very minimal data (150M), so I keep mobile data off when at home on Wifi to avoid any chance of accidentally pulling data. I know MMS needs data for D/L, but is it normal to not even get a notification that an MMS is waiting? If so, is there any workaround other than turning on mobile data now and then to check?

I'm home-bound with disability and got the phone to stay in touch with family. Just trying to simplify matters other than telling everyone they have to send me a standard text letting me know they sent an MMS (especially since some group texts go out as MMS instead of SMS).

Appreciate any help... thnx

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. My wife uses very little data on her phone and sends MMS messages and pictures all the time. She rarely uses more than 1MB of data a month. As long as you don't stream music or videos you should be well under your data limit.

Edit- I have Consumer Cellular also and have an app, My Consumer Cellular, that gives usage details. With that on your phone you could see what you are using and shut Data off if you are getting close to your limit. Although I doubt you will need to.

Last edited: