Turn down sensitivity on Touchless Control on Moto X (2013) Developer Edition.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
When I have any background noise going on while I'm at work, the Touchless Control comes on like it's wanting me to say something to it. Since I came in at 8am, I've had to cancel it at least 12 times. I trained to respond to my voice but it seems to be going off at any noise that may be in the background or if someone else in the office just happens to say "Okay". I really want to be able to have it respond to just my voice. I'm running stock 4.4.4 rooted with Nova Launcher Prime as my main launcher. Any help I can get on this would be greatly appreciated.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you record the ok Google now phrase in a room where it is completely silent. If there is any background noise when you say it, that's what it will listen for also.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh, bless your heart. I did record the Ok Google Now phrase in a room where it was completely silent. It seems like this phone picks up on the background noise no matter what on me. There are times that when I'm in my car, the radio noise sets it off. I've tried putting custom ROMs on it and I don't have that problem then but I'd like to stay on the stock ROM with the 5.1 update to be rolling out to this phone pretty soon. By the way, I've tried installing Cyanogenmod's 12.1 onto my phone yesterday and it didn't really work with my phone. I'd get a message as soon as the phone finished booting up, that the phone had stopped working. I'd then click OK and the phone would reboot itself. After a couple times of doing that, I flashed 4.4.4 back on my phone. I'm hoping that will hold me over until the upgrade rolls out to my lovely phone. *fingers crossed*